Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,399   Online: 739

Shooter
    Large Format

equip/supplies in Virginia?

Hi.
    I've just moved to the Charlottesville, VA area, and need to purchase darkroom accessories, like chemical bottles, etc.
    I know I can order these things online, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of local resources in central Virginia.
    Thanks,
    Steven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might look up Richmond Camera, they may have a location in Charlottesville. They can be a little pricey.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Steven,

I used to live in Charlottesville over a decade ago. I'd highly recommend Pro Camera on Forest Street off of Preston Avenue. Bill Moretz is the long time owner of the place, and he's well stocked with darkroom stuff including quite a bit of used gear - he prob even has a couple enlargers in the back room and in the basement!

Cheers,
    -B

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Along the line of this inquiry, I went over to what used to be Penn Camera at Tysons Corner here in northern Virginia, now operated by Calumet, to get some fixer. Well, that's the last time I'll try that option -- no fixer, a lonely bottle of Photo-Flo, no other chemicals of any manufacture available. I asked a salesperson and was told that some might be on order -- but given the total focus on digitial gear, to the point of no longer selling any used/traded gear, it seems very clear that Penn/Calumet is no longer an option for film photogaphers (tho they do still sell some Ilford film). And Pro Photo in DC has downsized significantly -- the still handled analog gear, including Leica, but no chems visible in the public areas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you call ahead to Penn Camera at Tysons Corner and tell them what you want, they will get it for you and tell you when it will be in.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Badris View Post
    Hi Steven,

I used to live in Charlottesville over a decade ago.
    Welcome to APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Welcome to APUG
    Thanks Sirius. Been a lurker for awhile here, figured I should speak up once in a while

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Speak and lurk no more.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks to all!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin