Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,571   Online: 990

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah I saw that too !! Got an encouraging regular email bulletin from Vanbar just today that read:

Hallelujah! HARMAN Direct Positive Photographic Paper

Many moons ago we received the first ILFORD pinhole camera, we eagerly inspected the box contents with dreams of long exposures and surreal imagery. To our delight, contained within this vessel of creativity, was a lone pack of HARMAN Direct Positive Photo Paper. That's right, photo paper that you expose like any other, but with the 'negative' effect. With our artistic juices flowing we quickly contacted the local HARMAN people to seek more of this hidden gem. Our dreams, it seems, were dashed as this item was not available separately here in Australia.

We asked politely, a lot, for this to change. We're pleased to announce it has! Direct positive is now available in 4x5" 20 sheet packs. Hallelujah!""

Shooter
    Multi Format
    glad to hear that it's back so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    The reversal processing of conventional B&W papers is similar to film but for the highest quality results it's a case of balancing the developer and the incorporated silver halide solvent to suit the particular paper. It's not particularly difficult and the process is/was used in B&W Photo booths.

Ian
    Ian, this interests me! I have a dream of building my own bw photobooth in the future and information like this would certainly help. do you know of where I can find more info on this?
    /jonas

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jojonas View Post
    glad to hear that it's back so fast!
    It is not back fast, but seemingly on offer for the first time. In Australia. That means supply from an ended production.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    This note is for Mr. Simon Galley of Ilford. Simon, do you have any progress report or update on the situation regarding re-engineering/re-manufacturing a direct positive paper? Many of us are down to our last bits of supply on hand, and would like to see a new direct positive paper on the market.

Personally, if I had my wishes granted, I'd like to see an RC-base direct positive paper, along with FB, as this would be nice for on-location processing in portable darkroom box cameras.

~Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Dear Simon I am sad to hear this but thank you for the information and good luck with getting the formula.

I also hope that if you were able to get the formula that the paper will distributed more widely and would it be possible to introduce a mat version of the paper glossy is nice but mat even nicer.

Again thank you
    Simon, I wish you all rhe success in the world for this. Sounds like a full-service Tier1 issue,which is always difficult and should always be covered by full disclosure agreements up front.thanks for the info.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    and another +1
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post
    This note is for Mr. Simon Galley of Ilford. Simon, do you have any progress report or update on the situation regarding re-engineering/re-manufacturing a direct positive paper? Many of us are down to our last bits of supply on hand, and would like to see a new direct positive paper on the market.

Personally, if I had my wishes granted, I'd like to see an RC-base direct positive paper, along with FB, as this would be nice for on-location processing in portable darkroom box cameras.

~Joe
    all we need then is a developer and fixer in one chemical and we have a polaroid substitute!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    all we need then is a developer and fixer in one chemical and we have a polaroid substitute!
    Well..with high contrast, slow speed, and lacking spectral sensitivity, oh AND the need for some kind of portable dark tent at the least.

For some applications (I can think of one use I'd make of this, especially if it toned well in brown or sepia) it would be a great product, but not exactly a substitute for Polaroid.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Well..with high contrast, slow speed, and lacking spectral sensitivity, oh AND the need for some kind of portable dark tent at the least.

For some applications (I can think of one use I'd make of this, especially if it toned well in brown or sepia) it would be a great product, but not exactly a substitute for Polaroid.
    but I was thinking of making a daylight developing tank for it!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin