Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,140   Online: 970

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

HARMAN Direct Positive FB Paper : Note From HARMAN technology Limited :

Dear All,

As you are aware we have been manufacturing this paper for over three years.

Following the financial difficulties last year that subsequently led to the insolvency at ILFORD Imaging Switzerland GmbH, we are advising that when our very limited stocks of HARMAN Direct Positive FB paper are exhausted we will be UNABLE to supply product for the medium term.

The emulsion for this product was developed and manufactured by ILFORD Imaging Switzerland in Marly and became part of our product range when we sourced the emulsion and coated it onto FB base here at HARMAN technology in Mobberley.

Despite attempts to source more emulsion last year we were unable to do so. We will continue to try and secure the emulsion formula and to manufacture it ourselves, but being realistic it will take many months before we will be ready to coat again and we may not succeed in our endeavours.

As you know our whole marketing philosophy is to maintain all our ILFORD Photo product range in production and this we have been able to do, we also hope to return HARMAN Direct Positive FB to manuafcture and we will keep you informed on progress.

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear Simon I am sad to hear this but thank you for the information and good luck with getting the formula.

I also hope that if you were able to get the formula that the paper will distributed more widely and would it be possible to introduce a mat version of the paper glossy is nice but mat even nicer.

Again thank you

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks like I will have to make an order soon. Thank you for the heads up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Makes me realize just how spoiled we are to even have Ilford-Harman around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Makes me realize just how spoiled we are to even have Ilford-Harman around.
    +1 !
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    35mm
    Oops . . . I hope the product is recoverable. I know some children who will be unhappy that their pinhole camera will need an extra stage for seeing the image in the future. And there are a lot of people who use Direct Positive for serious things too of course!!

Having the emulsion supplied from an external source may also go some way to explaining the difficulties in the RC version of the product too?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah man. I only just heard about this paper a few months ago, and made my first shot this year (and loved it). I do hope that it does end up coming back, I'll definitely be buying more of it.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The very best of wishes for problem solutions and production resolutions.
    And I was hoping that solving the problems with coating direct positive to the RC backing was close to complete..
    Time to stock a bit more than one box.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Dear Simon I am sad to hear this but thank you for the information and good luck with getting the formula.

I also hope that if you were able to get the formula that the paper will distributed more widely and would it be possible to introduce a mat version of the paper glossy is nice but mat even nicer.

Again thank you
    +1.

I haven't tried this yet and had been meaning to do so. I appreciate the transparency.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This could be a problem as I am planning a project which ideally needed the paper over the next year or so. May have to plan a work around using reversal processing of conventional B&W paper (which can give superb results).

Ian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin