Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,581,992   Online: 847

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    It is not mathematics instead it is accountancy that is the problem - profit is the bad word you are grappling for.
    Kodak stopped doing 220 trix in 2010 (or there about) cause no one was buying it. Their 220 finishing machine may still be ok or sitting in a scrap yard being reduced to small parts for material recycling... Id suggest the latter, ditto Ilfords...
    My fav retailer still has some 16x20 from last years ULF run, so some one ordered it and vanished.
    Id buy a 16x20 camera if I needed one but I don't.
    http://www.silverprint.co.uk/Product...asp?PrGrp=2234
    Film sales are still reducing in volume?
    Digital cameras and CamPhones are getting cheaper. Most cam shops only sell digital cams, no second hand film cameras.
    There are exceptions like Lomo.
    Kodak still makes 220 size Portra and B&H, at least, still sells it: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...524+4130468173
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    This in today from Sherry at Freestyle:

"Okay Ben, Here's what we've learned:

122 is 91.75mm.

So, this 9cm (90mm) is not for 122 but it potentially could work, just not perfectly.

Last year, Ilford offered 1174832 ILFORD HP5+ 91.75MMx50FT UPEI, but there weren’t 20 people worldwide that wanted it, so it was not manufacture nor offered this year.

Per Apug, one guy mentions taking 1173918 ILFORD FP4+ 10"X100' UP EI and splicing it into three strips, two 92mm (122) strips and one 70mm (116,616) strip. But you would need to splice it yourself.

Here is that link from 2013: http://photo.net/black-and-white-photo-film-processing-forum/00baFo"

So to get HP5 I could slit the 8" roll I guess: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/116496...00-ft.-Roll-EI

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Altman View Post
    This in today from Sherry at Freestyle:

"Okay Ben, Here's what we've learned:

122 is 91.75mm.

So, this 9cm (90mm) is not for 122 but it potentially could work, just not perfectly.

Last year, Ilford offered 1174832 ILFORD HP5+ 91.75MMx50FT UPEI, but there weren’t 20 people worldwide that wanted it, so it was not manufacture nor offered this year.

Per Apug, one guy mentions taking 1173918 ILFORD FP4+ 10"X100' UP EI and splicing it into three strips, two 92mm (122) strips and one 70mm (116,616) strip. But you would need to splice it yourself.

Here is that link from 2013: http://photo.net/black-and-white-photo-film-processing-forum/00baFo"

So to get HP5 I could slit the 8" roll I guess: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/116496...00-ft.-Roll-EI
    Wow I didn't even notice the 8" roll! Sheesh I must be slipping!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    "It's just a silly milli-meter longer"...
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    It is not mathematics instead it is accountancy that is the problem - profit is the bad word you are grappling for.
    Kodak stopped doing 220 trix in 2010 (or there about) cause no one was buying it. Their 220 finishing machine may still be ok or sitting in a scrap yard being reduced to small parts for material recycling... Id suggest the latter, ditto Ilfords...
    My fav retailer still has some 16x20 from last years ULF run, so some one ordered it and vanished.
    Id buy a 16x20 camera if I needed one but I don't.
    http://www.silverprint.co.uk/Product...asp?PrGrp=2234
    Film sales are still reducing in volume?
    Digital cameras and CamPhones are getting cheaper. Most cam shops only sell digital cams, no second hand film cameras.
    There are exceptions like Lomo.
    This is the trouble with these kinds of forums. One can never tell if somebody is serious or not. What I was saying, I said, tongue in cheek. We are very lucky to have companies like Ilford who produce very good products. I remember a couple years ago he looked into manufacturing a true infrared film after Efke quit and sadly told us that it couldn't be done profitably. See, that's where the "new math" would come in. IT could make everything profitable so that we would all have our perfect personalized emulsions.

Although instead of just a mathematician, perhaps a physicist could assist. The first place they could check out would be that extra dimensional space where cats go when the cat carrier shows up!!

Seriously though, my apologies for anyone I offended with my attempt at humor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can we get an option for 1st and 2nd choices?

Last year I signed up for a 91.75mm roll, but there weren't enough takers to make the stuff, so I got nothing.

Perhaps this year, we could try to order 91.75, and if that's not enough, fallback to ordering 9cm. At least that way I'd get something I could use.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey, isn't the deadline to order this Friday?

Roger

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalom View Post

Last year I signed up for a 91.75mm roll, but there weren't enough takers to make the stuff, so I got nothing.

Perhaps this year, we could try to order 91.75, and if that's not enough, fallback to ordering 9cm. At least that way I'd get something I could use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post

Roger
    YES.

The "request stuff from ilford" timeframe is WAY past and the "hurry order now" ends the 25th or 26th but I would err on the side if caution and order TODAY to be safe.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post

Roger
    yep
    http://www.silverprint.co.uk/Product...asp?PrGrp=2249

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalom View Post

This year you need to try a 90mm slice of film across your cameras gate if it is not going to fall off edge order before this Friday or wait till Aug 15. I'd not expect 1.75 mm would cause a problem.

Each year there will be fewer takers unless you start canvassing for 91.75 now for Aug15.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin