Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,751   Online: 944

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    As always I will beat the dead horse, PanF+ on a new base for sheet film. Call it PanF2 or of course PanFS (for Stone) hah! 4x5 please
    Neeeeigh...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As always I will beat the dead horse, PanF+ on a new base for sheet film. Call it PanF2 or of course PanFS (for Stone) hah! 4x5 please
    You don't need that - the 4x5 Double-X is coming!

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let's spread the word about 122 rollfilm for Kodak 3A cameras! It was on last year's list, but we didn't get enough folks for the minimum order.

I have a Panoram 3A in good condition that is HUNGRY for some fresh 122 film! And there are so many nice old 3A folders that are crying for big beautiful 122 rollfilm.

Spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by filmamigo View Post
    Let's spread the word about 122 rollfilm for Kodak 3A cameras! It was on last year's list, but we didn't get enough folks for the minimum order.

I have a Panoram 3A in good condition that is HUNGRY for some fresh 122 film! And there are so many nice old 3A folders that are crying for big beautiful 122 rollfilm.

I think there's also a miscommunication in the chain, if I recall correctly, Simon said they got no orders for it at all, I found that odd, so if you did order some, and ilford didn't get that info, I would bring that up to track down the issue.

If I'm wrong and I misunderstood what Simon said, I'm sure he will correct me. But I know he said one film didn't get any orders but I THOUGHT he was talking about roll film and that's the only one I know of that didn't get run.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would be curious to see which items were produced last year. Is there such a list available?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Question, how come there's no post about this on the LF forum? Seems odd.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think there's also a miscommunication in the chain, if I recall correctly, Simon said they got no orders for it at all, I found that odd, so if you did order some, and ilford didn't get that info, I would bring that up to track down the issue.

If I'm wrong and I misunderstood what Simon said, I'm sure he will correct me. But I know he said one film didn't get any orders but I THOUGHT he was talking about roll film and that's the only one I know of that didn't get run.
    I placed my order through Rob Skeoch's Big Camera Workshop. I could only afford to order one roll; I'm not sure how many other orders came in. But I got the clear impression from Simon that it just didn't meet the minimum.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by filmamigo View Post

I too was disappointed not to get the 122 I ordered and will definitely have some this year if I can. So Simon, put me down for one, or two if necessary, and I'll buy it through whichever uk dealer you want to send it to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpres View Post
    I too was disappointed not to get the 122 I ordered and will definitely have some this year if I can. So Simon, put me down for one, or two if necessary, and I'll buy it through whichever uk dealer you want to send it to.
    +1. I ordered last year, and will again. But if there is not enough orders, I'll be happy to order 2.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

122 will be on the list and we will be as flexible as possible to supply your needs.

Making roll slittings is the most 'expensive' part of the ULF and custom run and where we do apply minimums, as it needs the huge automated film slitter ( the size of a family car ) to be adjusted to slit that width of film across the web ( the web is the term for the full parent roll width ) you cannot slit different widths at one time as that could possibly introduce a stress on the film and just to thread the machine loses 30m2 that has to be put in the bin ( enough to make 527 36 exposure films ). This does not apply to sheet films as we can cut multiple widths ( called doughnuts, usually the narrow sheet film width ) from the same parent roll using a different machine and stress is not a factor, the doughnuts are then sheeted ( eg it takes a length off that doughnut of about 6.35m to cut 25 sheets of 10x8 ) into the final cut size on another machine therefore waste is much less ( but still about 8% higher than normal production of sheet film ).

As I say we will do our best to ensure everyone gets what they need.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin