Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,810   Online: 1097

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    FYI I doubt they would make a D3200 sheet, but it's always good to make your voice heard, however just FYI I've discovered that HP5+ pushes to 3200 beautifully, much better than I had expected (with DD-X). Also, why would you need such a fast film on a sheet film camera that would normally be on a tripod anyway?
    Why?
    Or why not?
    a) Tripods don't eliminate motion blur.
    b) Travelwide handheld (although I'm sure there are a lot of people who already handhold their Graphics and Folders)

I've had bad experiences pushing both TMY and TXP to 1600, 3200 is out of the question. But I haven't tried HP5, so one day I'll give that a go too.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Using a standard Press 25 flashbulb in a Graflite on a 4x5 Graphic loaded with ISO3200 film forces a minimum aperture f/32 subject distance of 35.36 feet. That's WAY to far away for any successful Weegee dead body shots. Even at a massacre.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, but shooting f/8 hyperfocal at ei3200 with a yellow filter in fading afternoon light makes for some nice street shots on 135 and 120, if only I could make them work on 4x5 too...

(also, in dimly lit venues I get 1/60 at f/1.9 at ei3200 with my m645. If I could use my Xenar 135/3.5 wide open at ei6400 I could get a handholdable 1/30s. The grain won't show up too much and I don't think HP5 will make it up that far)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Using a standard Press 25 flashbulb in a Graflite on a 4x5 Graphic loaded with ISO3200 film forces a minimum aperture f/32 subject distance of 35.36 feet. That's WAY to far away for any successful Weegee dead body shots. Even at a massacre.
    Ken
    That would make a very nice "Masterclass Analogue Journalistic Photography". When will you organize it?
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since this thread has hit the wall… any chance PanF+ will make it to sheet film? I know, don't bite the hand that feeds you!
    I bought and I am ready and setup to try the new Ilford Classic paper!!! I mixed LPD this last evening! All I can hope for is that the paper is at least as good as Oriental Seagull was. If it stalls I'll be parting out enlarging equipment and heading toward a permanent life of contact printing in Carbon Transfer which is my main goal anyway!!!!!
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

The Board of HARMAN technology Limited today approved the 2014 ULF run under the same terms as previous years.

The product offerings will remain the same as 2013 ILFORD Delta Professional Sheet Film, in some sizes / HP5+ and FP4+ Sheet Film in all sizes. HARMAN technology Limited guarantee to make all sheet film sizes even if it for a single pack. Other items such as roll items will appear on the list but certain minimum orders wioll need to be achieved. The full list will be published in March ( but much the the same as the 2013 final list ) then customers can request other sizes. The Finalised list will be published in April, we will then work with our re-seller partners ( who make this all happen ) to obtain orders by the end of June. The production run takes place end of July / early August and the goods are shipped to the re-sellers via our Distributors. For North America this means distribution in September 2014.

We thank all of you who buy, use and value ILFORD Photo products produced on the ULF and Custom manufacture.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Is it possible for us to have a list of your UK re-seller partners?

Thank you.

RR

Shooter
    35mm
    They will be published in April as Simon said above.
    You can see the UK re-sellers from last year here: http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...1658221147.pdf
    They should be about the same for this year.

P.S. You can also see last year's prices at AG Photographic: http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/unu...-film-29-c.asp
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What we could really do with is a list of who stocks what sizes of what film stock. This would serve us through the year and help the re-sellers to move their stock. It would be a good service for both re-seller and customer.

RR

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Yeah, but shooting f/8 hyperfocal at ei3200 with a yellow filter in fading afternoon light makes for some nice street shots on 135 and 120, if only I could make them work on 4x5 too...

(also, in dimly lit venues I get 1/60 at f/1.9 at ei3200 with my m645. If I could use my Xenar 135/3.5 wide open at ei6400 I could get a handholdable 1/30s. The grain won't show up too much and I don't think HP5 will make it up that far)
    Since this is the ULF thread I'll stick to images made with film from that... So 127 (46mm re-rolled) HP5+ from last year, developed in DD-X for 20 minutes, shot at EI 3200 in various light conditions. If this look is to your satisfaction, I suggest you try it. I've posted these before but they are relevant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395150679.064433.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	84648

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395150719.182809.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	84649

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395150732.352212.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	84650

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395150748.070212.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	84651
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Regular Rod,

Our reseller partners do not hold stock of ULF or custom sizes ( very, very rarely anyway, one or two in the USA may on occasion ) its why we have to all pre-order it and why we have to go through this
    exacting process every year.

And to confirm we will not be making PAN F + sheet film or DELTA Professional 3200 in sheet film on the ULF run, or at anytime, you can always ask and I will always tell you the reason why, and in this case its simple the price we would need to charge to make a return on our investment, would be in the region of 4 to 5 times the cost of FP4+ or HP5+ PER SHEET ( I have done the math ) and thats a price very few customers would be prepared to pay, and quite frankly, I don't blame them.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin