Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,027   Online: 893

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    Yes it really is excellent. It lays beautifully flat too. So far every frame has been printable for me. It was very easy to get used to. Now if it came along in sheet sizes too...

RR
    Sheets would be great, especially for Carbon Transfer.

The cost is good, that shows how I feel about this 25 ISO speed film.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    And to confirm we will not be making PAN F + sheet film or DELTA Professional 3200 in sheet film on the ULF run, or at anytime, you can always ask and I will always tell you the reason why, and in this case its simple the price we would need to charge to make a return on our investment, would be in the region of 4 to 5 times the cost of FP4+ or HP5+ PER SHEET ( I have done the math ) and thats a price very few customers would be prepared to pay, and quite frankly, I don't blame them.
    Thanks Simon, I've read about the re-jigging of the slitting machine and I know all about EoS.
    Although, B+H are selling FP4 and HP5 for about $1.25 in 100-packs and $1.32 in 25-packs. 5x that is only $6.50. Still (just) cheaper than Velvia and still (just) something I'd be willing to pay for D3200.
    But I can certainly understand that I'm very much in the minority here and there wouldn't be too many others who'd pay that (although, with the demise of FP3000B, there's nothing left at all for us high-speed shooters, maybe demand might be higher in a few years? [/wishfulthinking])
    One day when I win the lottery I'll fund an MOQ myself, but until then I'll just have to learn to push HP5...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I win the lottery I'm going to anonymously purchase a brand spanking new 220 machine for Simon...

Oops. Did I just out myself?

Dang! I hate it when that happens.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From whom?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    When Kodak burns you could buy their 220 packer for fire sale price if they have not scrapped it first.

But it is not that difficult to make up 220 in home dark room by recycling 120 backing paper, using scissors, double sided pressure sensitive tape and felt tipped pen.

A 100 foot roll of film in black poly bag and cardboard box is about 19-20 off 220 films.

But how much would a reseller want?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    HP5+ is much more versatile of a film, I thought the same thing as you do, but you could probably still use it at 200 and pull the film? I've never tried 100 and pulling 2 stops but I suppose it's possible, HP5+ is magic.

And if they are going to use any other film for cameras "back in the day" that took slow film, it would be PanF+ wouldn't it?
    HP5+ has remarkable latitude, perhaps the widest of any film made today. I have times to shoot it at ISO 50 for extreme contrast reduction with Microdol-X/Perceptol. And I've shot the same film at 1600.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    When Kodak burns you could buy their 220 packer for fire sale price if they have not scrapped it first.
    Truly, let's hope it doesn't come to that. I plan on just buying a new one anyway.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Truly, let's hope it doesn't come to that. I plan on just buying a new one anyway.

Ken
    who do you think makes 220 packers nowadays?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe the number quoted a while back by Harman for a new one was 300,000+ GBP. So presumably they can be one-off manufactured. My lottery winnings should easily cover that...

Ken

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    I believe the number quoted a while back by Harman for a new one was 300,000+ GBP. So presumably they can be one-off manufactured. My lottery winnings should easily cover that...

Ken
    Don't forget to get me a full set of Chamonix... 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, and 20x24 please... I think the other sizes would probably be excessive those should do nicely, and of course lenses to compliment, and some film stock and a new constant temp freezer that will hold all the film you'll get me... Including custom 20x24 Velvia50....
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin