Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,768   Online: 1054

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Including custom 20x24 Velvia50....
    Usher! Remove that man from the theater please. This is a Harman/Ilford ULF film thread...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Biggest issue is re-rolling backing paper. It's degrading fast, I wish ilford was able to make 127/116 backing paper rolls...
    Or you could do this.

Top = Kodak's; bottom = mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2728.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	486.3 KB 
ID:	84848

Just gotta make sure you cover the gaps between the slices with opaque tape (or skinnier slices of backing paper). Helps to have a local lab who saves it for me. Not sure how I'm gonna get the frame numbers in the right places yet.

In any case, 127 is unnecessary, you can just slit down 120.

(edit: kind of looks like a necktie, doesn't it?)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
    Or you could do this.

Top = Kodak's; bottom = mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2728.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	486.3 KB 
ID:	84848

Just gotta make sure you cover the gaps between the slices with opaque tape (or skinnier slices of backing paper). Helps to have a local lab who saves it for me. Not sure how I'm gonna get the frame numbers in the right places yet.

In any case, 127 is unnecessary, you can just slit down 120.

(edit: kind of looks like a necktie, doesn't it?)
    Good craft shop for all black paper and white China ink?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Don't forget to get me a full set of Chamonix... 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, and 20x24 please... I think the other sizes would probably be excessive those should do nicely, and of course lenses to compliment, and some film stock and a new constant temp freezer that will hold all the film you'll get me... Including custom 20x24 Velvia50....
    Was
    '
    Don't forget to get me a full set of Chamonix... 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14
    '
    should have been
    '
    Don't forget to also get me a full set of Chamonix... 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14
    '
    or you could write to Santa Clause as Rudulph still does SD one day a year for good boys and girls

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For me it's about consistency, and grain becomes a factor in smaller film formats, and now that I've switched to JOBO processing for consistency and ease of developing etc etc, I could develop 12 rolls of PanF+ at once or a combination of 35mm, 120, and 4x5 (if it existed) and could be standardized on that film for all my modeling work which is what PanF+ is good for to me. But now I have to learn a whole new film for 4x5 and have another development run and can't shoot the same exposure with multiple cameras unless I abandon PanF+ entirely for Delta100 which I don't like as much for modeling.

Those are only some of the reasons.

But now that I'm done "experimenting" I'm happy to shoot with only 2 films. And would prefer PanF+ and HP5+ be my two... But that doesn't work for sheet film, so D100 it is... That means I'll be one of the many that no longer purchases PanF+ and the numbers dwindle... Someday there won't be enough and it will go away but not because it's not popular but because it doesn't transcend all formats...
    shoot delta100 at 25 ISO and soup in solvent developer to keep the ISO the same & process in two batches

you should not have switched to a rotary tank compromises edge effect and grain - some say...

keep shooting panf or buy larger fridge

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    shoot delta100 at 25 ISO and soup in solvent developer to keep the ISO the same & process in two batches

you should not have switched to a rotary tank compromises edge effect and grain - some say...

keep shooting panf or buy larger fridge
    Huh?

I'm done with experimenting... Didn't I say this? Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Huh?

I'm done with experimenting... Didn't I say this? Lol
    You have already tried 5222 in your rotary processor?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    You have already tried 5222 in your rotary processor?
    Yea, it didn't look any different at all, it's the only emulsion that consistently scans grainy, I just think it's the way the emulsion functions, I'm sure in print it's fine, just looks grainy in a low quality scan.

But the overall tonal qualities are very consistent and that's why I shoot it.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    JUST so we can get this back on topic . . . . .
    I would like to see bulk film for re-rolling in 126 Instamatic cartridges - basically, non-perforated 35mm film

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robburrito View Post
    JUST so we can get this back on topic . . . . .
    I would like to see bulk film for re-rolling in 126 Instamatic cartridges - basically, non-perforated 35mm film
    Doesn't that need backing paper like 127 and 110?

Last year ilford cut 127 (46mm) in bulk and it's great, but the backing paper is running out, any chance this year there will be a backing paper run??

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin