Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,475   Online: 1241

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Doesn't that need backing paper like 127 and 110?

Last year ilford cut 127 (46mm) in bulk and it's great, but the backing paper is running out, any chance this year there will be a backing paper run??
    Yes it does; but, if you already have the cartridges to re-roll you should have the backing paper for them too.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robburrito View Post
    Yes it does; but, if you already have the cartridges to re-roll you should have the backing paper for them too.
    If it's like 117 it wares out...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just covered the window on a 126 cartridge and counted the exposures. Lining up the indexing holes with the holes or slots on the paper isn't easy in the dark. My next test will be to cut off the bottom of the paper so this isn't an issue. I don't think there will be any light leaks. (My two 126 cameras have sentimental value so I will not remove the indexing pin - plus on these cameras the pin has to function for the camera to work.)

Yes, unperfed 35mm film would be nice for the 126
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...or even better a 126 perfed roll if that's somehow possible... Unperfed stock is sometimes available from various sources.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What about 828, let's get crazy in here!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    not perforated 35mm is the basic ingredient for 126, and 828. Unperforated 16mm would be ideal for 110.

I wonder if the process allows winding rolls while bypassing the perforator.

I am not sure if they sold any of the uncut 120 backing paper last time. Cutting it down may work, but I believe that the edges get treated to make them conform to the spool, so just re-slitting 120 paper may not be sufficient unless the camera is loaded and unloaded in the dark. I understand that if Ilford had any 126 and 110 filling equipment it is long gone. Can't remember ever seeing 126 or 110 Ilford film in the stores here in canada
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    not perforated 35mm is the basic ingredient for 126, and 828. Unperforated 16mm would be ideal for 110.

I wonder if the process allows winding rolls while bypassing the perforator.

I am not sure if they sold any of the uncut 120 backing paper last time. Cutting it down may work, but I believe that the edges get treated to make them conform to the spool, so just re-slitting 120 paper may not be sufficient unless the camera is loaded and unloaded in the dark. I understand that if Ilford had any 126 and 110 filling equipment it is long gone. Can't remember ever seeing 126 or 110 Ilford film in the stores here in canada
    Ilford said last year they would not cut 127/126/110 paper backing unfortunately, just the film. The cost of cutting the paper was too high I believe.

You can re-roll cut 120, usually the edges might get slight fog, but it doesn't usually enter the image area, and if it did it would only be the first frame really...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I thought it was the finishing machine as they can't do 220 which uses the same paper size

And if you are ULF there is still

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/Product...asp?PrGrp=2234

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolling your own 220 film

1). I bought 2 * 100 feet of the 120 backing paper during the ULF 2013 run.
    2). I also bought 2 * 50 feet of 70mm unperforated HP5+.
    3). I slit 150 cm lengths of the 70mm film down to a width of approximately 60.5mm using a home made slitter.
    4). Using the 120 backing paper I made "tops" and "tails" and printed my own "start" mark on the "tops"; each unit of 120 backing paper will furnish two 220 "tops" and two 220 "tails".
    5). Thus the process of making 220 roll film from the above is very easy.
    6). If bulk lengths of 120 rolls were made available in the ULF 2014 run (these are presumably available in-house during the standard 120 rollfilm production anyway), 3) above could be eliminated; this step is anyway the most finicky and potentially error prone.

Therefore, could 120 bulk lengths be included within or without the annual ULF run?

Best wishes,

Richard Hughes.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    HiRichard

I got reams of 120 and 220 backing paper from resently developed film in my paper recycling bag, so I could also make a slitter and get 70mm in the ULF but id prefer 120 film in 100 foot roll if the 120 film backing surface will survive my 220 pressure plates...

Most pro cameras post '65 (?) would accept 220 so a bulk reel of 61mm might even be a commercial option.

Noel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin