Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,279   Online: 946

Shooter
    Multi Format

Where to get temperature measurements strips for drymount press?

I've read of these things in the past, but find nothing on the B&H web site or on a couple of framing-supply company sites I've checked. Are these things still being manufactured?

Yes, I know I could get a thermocouple and use it with a multimeter and conversion table, but I'd rather use the strips if they're available.

Shooter
    35mm
    Many industrial sources. 1 minute with google "temperature strip stickers" gives (among other)
    http://www.omega.com/prodinfo/TemperatureLabels.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, I didn't think of Omega! I was searching more photo- and frame-related sources.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    I've read of these things in the past, but find nothing on the B&H web site or on a couple of framing-supply company sites I've checked. Are these things still being manufactured?

Yes, I know I could get a thermocouple and use it with a multimeter and conversion table, but I'd rather use the strips if they're available.
    I use a regular thermometer and stick it into a custom-made piece of foam board, which I cut a cavity into to fit the thermometer.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have one of those infrared laser thermometers. I heat up the press, then quickly open it and measure where the print would be.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Leave it to Ralph Lambrecht to come up with the most ingenious and simplest idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, thanks for the nice wordsbut, I forgot to mention that a remote IRthermometer would also work.Yhey re npot the most accuratebut sufficient for this task.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ended up ordering some Omega strips from McMaster-Carr. They had a nice one with 10 degree (Fahrenheit) increments from 160 to 230, which covers my range of interest.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#temperature...labels/=qoygcp

Part number 5956K16 for anyone interested.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin