Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,900   Online: 935

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Sure, but something about it strikes me as film. Don't hassle her, but if you do find out I'd be interested. After a couple of years of exclusively B&W I would like to work in color a bit. I have 35mm and MF projectors. Would like to shoot E6 if possible, but they keep taking away my films!

You didn't read closely.. no doubt it is film. I know that!
    And I know she uses E-6 films (120) in a Rollie.

I "e-know" her through a mutual client we have both worked with/for.
    I have seen a photo/snap of her sitting at a table with Salgado and others looking at prints.
    I am hardly worthy to bother her and am happy to "know" her, and perhaps meet over a stack of prints for coffee one day if ever.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Make sure to invite Salgado too, and maybe Meyerowitz. And me of course

On a more serious note, some photographers are quite happy to talk about their equipment and technique. Others are very unhappy to do so.

I also think it's a bit of a side-track to try to use the same gear as some famous photographer, because you could never truly emulate their style that way. (If I use Tri-X, it still won't ever look like Corbijn or Salgado.)

The best thing we can do is to find our own gear and then focus on taking photos we like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know you know that.

Whatever it is, it looks good to me and I am curious what film it is, that's all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    I know you know that.

Whatever it is, it looks good to me and I am curious what film it is, that's all.
    Well, if it is E-6 that she's shooting, as stated above, then that narrows it down considerably!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, expect E6 to go next. The market is drying up out there for these films.

Just call me Chicken Little, but it is true.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Again, go Ferrania. It's rapidly converging down to the last best long-term hope. At least that we are aware of publicly. And I hope they don't stumble.

But they might...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the mean time I will shoot as much E6 as possible. But even my pro lab's machine is getting dusty... since the throughput has slowed down considerably.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the mean time I will shoot as much E6 as possible.
    Me too.......that's all I've used for well over 20+ years, and most of that was Velvia 50....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Images View Post
    Me too.......that's all I've used for well over 20+ years, and most of that was Velvia 50....

A mirror image...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I get the feeling that E-6 is doing well here in China. Cost to process is not bad and even the film is not horribly expensive. I hope that somehow we can hang onto the last few types of E-6 film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin