Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,191   Online: 872

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cost to process is not bad and even the film is not horribly expensive.
    Do you have access to buying in date Velvia 50 in 4x5? Just curious with all the various eBay vendors selling it, yet it is long gone now from every place except what appears to be possibly a very few Asian locales. I'm not even sure if this is true or if Fuji stopped the production entirely on that product.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Images View Post
    Do you have access to buying in date Velvia 50 in 4x5? Just curious with all the various eBay vendors selling it, yet it is long gone now from every place except what appears to be possibly a very few Asian locales. I'm not even sure if this is true or if Fuji stopped the production entirely on that product.
    I have no idea about sheet film as I have no cameras for that type. I'll have a look next time I'm in the shop.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can buy Velvia 50 sheet film from a couple of vendors in Germany for about $120 per 20. They deliver by courier so it's quite fast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the German vendors use DSL, they have been quite unreliable here delivering damaged goods and closing many routes.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Germany for about $120 per 20
    Thank you for this information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is still sold in Japan, go to store and pick it up.
    http://www.yodobashi.com/%E5%AF%8C%E...0001001704233/

You can even see that it has the new label as well, so it doesn't look like it will be discontinued anytime soon. I assume it's sold in China and other asian countries.

It's available on the chinese ebay too...
    http://s.taobao.com/search?q=velvia%...-e&commend=all

Both in the new and old label (shorter expiry dates). The old label is significantly cheaper at around US$53 per box of 20. The new label is around US$81, same price as in Japan. But if you want to get it from there, you will need to find a middleman to ship it to you and they usually take 10% + shipping fees.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Both in the new and old label (shorter expiry dates). The old label is significantly cheaper at around US$53 per box of 20. The new label is around US$81, same price as in Japan. But if you want to get it from there, you will need to find a middleman to ship it to you and they usually take 10% + shipping fees.
    Nuff, thank you for this information. If the product does not appear to be discontinued at this point, it is simply baffling and beyond logic that it is not offered out of the present territories where it is being sold. But then again, logic has not been real high on the list when it has been the on again off again history with Velvia 50. Too bad as it was always their original flagship product.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nuff, thank you for this information. If the product does not appear to be discontinued at this point, it is simply baffling and beyond logic that it is not offered out of the present territories where it is being sold. But then again, logic has not been real high on the list when it has been the on again off again history with Velvia 50. Too bad as it was always their original flagship product.
    It's more of a Fuji USA call. It seems that other countries are importing it still and since it has the new label, it will not be on chopping block for a little while yet...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's more of a Fuji USA call.
    After exchanging numerous emails with Japan and USA Fujifilm groups over the last three years with regard to their sheet films, especially 4x5 Velvia 50, the input from each group was never the same on any given day. So, I'm sure the biggest knot in the cord is with the USA group if the product is still being made. But who knows with the business world and how it thinks anymore.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If the German vendors use DSL, they have been quite unreliable here delivering damaged goods and closing many routes.

PE
    You get a choice of UPS or DHL. Both have worked reliably for me.

I'll provide links on request but as they deal in cancelled films, I don't want to put undue strain on their stock.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin