Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,116   Online: 1066

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    They can't be bothered with an effort.
    I think that was his point.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    I don't find it impractical, often make group orders from B&H, I don't support local film distributors.

Small orders also can work out well on that auction site and such.

Isn't is sad that film photogrpahy has turned to this? I suspect it wont be long before we can only feed out cameras from outdated ebay film auctions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmycam View Post
    Isn't is sad that film photogrpahy has turned to this? I suspect it wont be long before we can only feed out cameras from outdated ebay film auctions.
    Been hearing that for almost 10 years now online. No, I can't get B&W film at the corner drug anymore, in fact there are hardly any corner drug stores anymore either, but I can get plenty of Ilford and Kodak films from many, many places online and about 10 different retail places around the San Francisco bay area. And can still get Fuji Acros too. Plus a couple more brands. What's going to happen to Kodak? How long will Fuji still make Acros? Who knows. But it appears Ilford will still be around and if needed I can live on HP5+, FP4+ and Delta 100/400 if I ever had to. For now I got so much stashed in my freezer (Neopan 400, 100SS and 1600, Agfa APX 25/100/400 and even some HP3!) I hope I live long enough to use it all!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting. We have drug stores on almost every corner here! Walmart, CVS, Eckerd, all within about 1 mile, and one in walking distance. One does not sell film.

BUT, the world economy is still in trouble and film is taking a big hit. I mentioned before that Fuji is now undergoing cuts due to their dropping the Motion Picture line. All negative films are now moving to EK as Fuji cuts back, just as all E6 is now in the hands of Fuji.

Many companies have stopped making photographic chemicals in favor of digital chemicals such as printer inks.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The saddest fact about us humans is that we never know the good things we have, until they're gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaf-Photo View Post
    The saddest fact about us humans is that we never know the good things we have, until they're gone.
    "Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you've got till it's gone?

<span style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: proxnov-reg, arial, sans-serif; font-size: medium; line-height: 16px;">
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaf-Photo View Post
    More sad is that, even when those things are already gone, most humans don't know how good they were. A spiral of declining taste has prevailed for decades and shows no sign of letting up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They paved paradise and put up a parking lot...

Where the hipsters stand around and take selfies.

I'll give up film when I start shooting glass plates....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The need to learn glass plate making and paper coating is approaching.

Take our workshop in 2 weeks and hear more about it!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    More sad is that, even when those things are already gone, most humans don't know how good they were. A spiral of declining taste has prevailed for decades and shows no sign of letting up.
    I remember my grandpappy saying something along those lines back when I was around 10 years old. I just turned 50 last year...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin