Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,464   Online: 1010

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can get it from Asia, pm if you want details about it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    You can get it from Asia, pm if you want details about it.
    Well, in live in Tokyo myself. That's why I was starting the thread. It doesn't feel like it's going away here anytime soon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdan View Post
    Well, in live in Tokyo myself. That's why I was starting the thread. It doesn't feel like it's going away here anytime soon.
    I mean a way to source it easily for people who don't live in Japan, or China,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can still get it in the US if I shop around, but it's expensive. It might also be available from Asia even after it isn't here - or, dare one hope, was only discontinued here? I'll PM you.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've pushed Rollei CR200 with so-so results, it's not Provia 400, but it works when you're in a jam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yahbut, Provia 400X pushes too, to 1600 if really needed.

But yeah, once my stock of it and all the remaining stock I can buy are used up, that leaves the CR200 as the fastest on the market.

I really wish Ferania would have jumped into an unserved part of the E6 market instead of another 100 film, either something lower saturation/contrast like Astia/E100G or something faster like 400. Both those niches are unfilled now. There is Velvia and Provia both in 100 so they are entering the most competitive part of the small E6 market.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is really interesting. I just emailed my cousin in Beijing to look around for me and see if there is an abundance of 400x. I never had the chance to shoot the stuff I just got into film now...so it'd be great if it's still around in Asia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's still around in asia. Just because it doesn't look like it's gone, it doesn't mean it's discontinued. Once all of the last stock is gone and you can't buy it, you will know then it's discontinued.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    very true, it might just be the last stock that's selling now. I guess I could start buying in bulk and store it in my freezer, but not sure if it makes sense. Maybe it's better to face reality and move on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The reality is no more iso 400 slide film. I want to have some around for when I really want it. Otherwise I will use something else. I bought 4 pro packs when I was in Japan in Feb. I probably should have got more, but I also got few other films too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin