Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,521   Online: 1082

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdan View Post
    very true, it might just be the last stock that's selling now. I guess I could start buying in bulk and store it in my freezer, but not sure if it makes sense. Maybe it's better to face reality and move on.
    It makes sense to me. I participate in monthly group activities Mar-Oct (occasionally Nov too) and shoot lots of slides then show them at a group party every December. Depending on the weather I sometimes can really use the speed. I've got maybe 20 rolls in the freezer now, enough for two years of that project but do occasionally use it for other things.

Quote Originally Posted by duparis00 View Post
    This is really interesting. I just emailed my cousin in Beijing to look around for me and see if there is an abundance of 400x. I never had the chance to shoot the stuff I just got into film now...so it'd be great if it's still around in Asia.
    It's just too good a film to let go without stocking up what I can. Yes, it's grainier than slower films, but still good for a 400 slide film. Color is excellent, quite natural, in fact I used it some in situations where I could have used 100 but needed something more moderate in contrast than Provia and when I didn't want to dip into my frozen stock of E100G (back when 400X was still being made but E100G and Astia were not.)

Sigh.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 03-17-2014 at 12:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    It makes sense to me. I participate in monthly group activities Mar-Oct (occasionally Nov too) and shoot lots of sludges then show them at a group party every December. Depending on the weather I sometimes can really use the speed. I've got maybe 20 rolls in the freezer now, enough for two years of that project but do occasionally use it for other things.

It's just too good a film to let go without stocking up what I can. Yes, it's grainier than slower films, but still good for a 400 slide film. Color is excellent, quite natural, in fact I used it some in situations where I could have used 100 but needed something more moderate in contrast than Provia and when I didn't want to dip into my frozen stock of E100G (back when 400X was still being made but E100G and Astia were not.)

Sigh.
    Yeah I'm trying to scrape some cash together to stock some film. I've never shot 400H either and they're disappearing too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah I'm trying to scrape some cash together to stock some film. I've never shot 400H either and they're disappearing too.
    Sludges? Damned autocorrect, that piece of shut. Let's see if it's too late to fix that...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Sludges? Damned autocorrect, that piece of shut. Let's see if it's too late to fix that...
    LOL!

Shooter
    35mm
    I really wish Ferania would have jumped into an unserved part of the E6 market instead of another 100 film, either something lower saturation/contrast like Astia/E100G or something faster like 400.
    I might be very wrong here, but the reason Nicola gave for Film Ferrania to start with the 100 ISO films is that they are the newest emulsions the old Ferrania produced and they have the recipes for it.
    To create a 400 ISO film, they'll have to start from scratch, or so it is my understanding.
    I believe Ferrania did once a very fast 1000 ISO slide film. If I remember well it was very grainy!
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    400H isn't disappearing, it received the new box design.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If anybody wants a 5 pack of provia 400x I can definitely pick one up for you. Just PM me. Or anything else that's hard to get outside of Japan for that matter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by skysh4rk View Post
    400H isn't disappearing, it received the new box design.
    Is that right? Doh! So I've just been looking for the wrong thing lol. Ok that makes me feel better....sweet, thanks!

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Fuji Pro 400 (Japan only) is what is gone. 400H is good.

My local San Diego stores have a good amount of 400X, up to $16/135-36 now. One place has a fair amount of Tmax 3200 as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Update. My cousin did find 400x in China and is shipping me a couple boxes of 120 and 35mm. I didn't want to bother him with getting me a ton but at least it seems relatively easy to find there, it's not expensive either.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin