Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,261   Online: 811

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once worked for a small weekly paper. Often, this kind of newspaper will have a camera for journalists to use, and a budget that prevents them from replacing any perfectly usable piece of equipment... or even a DOS word processing program on a modern windows machine just to create a flat text file to send to the publishing company. Quark Xpress and XYwrite - that was an odd combination.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    if you dont mind setting up an account,
    parker has had wonderful experiences with
    millers. they are a pro lab with a great reputation ...
    Miller's Lab is terrific. With their turnaround and pricing, I doubt you could do it any cheaper yourself. Plus, you get scans on disk which would more than suffice for most newspapers.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1 on the CatLabs kit. It uses separate bleach and fix. My first 2 batches of c-41 were easy and the results were great. Once I get an efficient process down, it should come out to around $1.25 per roll, including shipping. Omer was real helpful in answering my questions.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    +1 on the CatLabs kit. It uses separate bleach and fix. My first 2 batches of c-41 were easy and the results were great. Once I get an efficient process down, it should come out to around $1.25 per roll, including shipping. Omer was real helpful in answering my questions.
    Thanks for all the replies.

The kit mentioned above does sound good due to the separate bleach/fix. Anyone else used it? What temps can you develop at with that set of chemistry?

I have no clue where to start. I've only ever developed b&w, so I have no idea how to go about this. I need some sort of instructions! And maybe some more equipment too...?

Is the Rollei kit a lot easier for a beginner to start with?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1 for Millers. Excellent service, turn around, and quality. Best of luck to you!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    Thanks for all the replies.

The kit mentioned above does sound good due to the separate bleach/fix. Anyone else used it? What temps can you develop at with that set of chemistry?

I have no clue where to start. I've only ever developed b&w, so I have no idea how to go about this. I need some sort of instructions! And maybe some more equipment too...?

Is the Rollei kit a lot easier for a beginner to start with?
    The kit has instructions with it and they do not mention the lower temperature processing - it only uses 101 fahranheit. I have a Phototherm Model 14 constant temperature bath. It's simple and works real well. It is discontinued, but findable.

Here are the instructions:
    Attached Files
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My local Costco stopped processing film about six months ago, but other nearby Costcos still process 35mm film. Too bad they do not process 120 and 4"x5" film.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin