Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,978   Online: 976

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I buy larger quantities and use inert gas for storage. I used to tig and mig weld so I have regulators and such. I bought a small gas cylinder from my welding gas supplier. It costs very little to fill it, so I blanket my chems when opened and periodically. I also use this on the wifes wine bottles
    By the way, I should have started this thread in the correct location.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well isn't the developer the part that's hard to formulate? You could get the 3 bath kits and use the developer, or add additional bleach or fix or whatever is deficient in the bleach/fix.

I don't know about longevity issues. I did try the 3 bath when they came out - I was doing a lot of E6 then - and by a small margin actually preferred the results to the 6 bath I was using. That was all Unicolor stuff I used then.

Shooter
    35mm

E6 widely available

So much ado about absolutely nothing!

Two years ago when Kodak stopped slide film production they clearly said that they will offer E6 chemistry for another two years. These two years are now over.
    But in reality nothing will change:
    Kodak E6 chemistry has been produced by Tetenal. And Tetenal is continuing the production. The only change will be a Tetenal label on the bigger lab packs instead of a Kodak label.
    The chemistry will be the same, excellent quality.

And we also have FujiHunt (market leader), CPAC and Bellini producing E6 chemistry.
    Therefore there is absolutely no problem in E6 chemistry availability.
    FujiHunt alone has three plants worldwide in which E6 is produced (one in Europe, one in Singapore, one in Japan).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    There are reasons. I have run the tests which show them for C41 and E6 both.

PE
    The E6 formula are published Im sure I weight out everything decades ago although it may have been equivalents?

A kit is the least of our problems?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Film-Niko View Post
    So much ado about absolutely nothing!

Two years ago when Kodak stopped slide film production they clearly said that they will offer E6 chemistry for another two years. These two years are now over.
    But in reality nothing will change:
    Kodak E6 chemistry has been produced by Tetenal. And Tetenal is continuing the production. The only change will be a Tetenal label on the bigger lab packs instead of a Kodak label.
    The chemistry will be the same, excellent quality.

And we also have FujiHunt (market leader), CPAC and Bellini producing E6 chemistry.
    Therefore there is absolutely no problem in E6 chemistry availability.
    FujiHunt alone has three plants worldwide in which E6 is produced (one in Europe, one in Singapore, one in Japan).
    no problem other than the kodak 5L kit was a perfect solution for many of us and nothing like it is available for a reasonable* price in the u.s. I recently bought a Tetenal kit but it's not individual chemicals like the kodak kit was. I cannot afford (and I don't shoot enough too) buying chemicals in bulk to split up as is the case with most of us "consumers".

*I know I can order the fuji 5L kit but at a VERY high cost
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin