Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,524   Online: 967

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heterolysis View Post
    Kodak was still making E6 chemistry? Thought they would have killed that with all the films.
    I would have thought that they sold the chemistry to Alaris along with the films?

But fair enough if neither of them are making E6 films, neither would have much use for E6 chems...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eastman (and the other) Kodaks stopped manufacturing all their chemistry some time ago. They were still marketing it though. Kodak Alaris received those marketing rights as part of the bankruptcy settlement. Like Eastman Kodak, Kodak Alaris sells through distributors. So any discontinuation could be just a decision of one of those distributors.
    Isn't this one of those rumour threads that brlong in the Soapbox, unless and until there is some more reliable confirmation?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Eastman (and the other) Kodaks stopped manufacturing all their chemistry some time ago. They were still marketing it though. Kodak Alaris received those marketing rights as part of the bankruptcy settlement. Like Eastman Kodak, Kodak Alaris sells through distributors. So any discontinuation could be just a decision of one of those distributors.
    Isn't this one of those rumour threads that belong in the Soapbox, unless and until there is some more reliable confirmation?

Well said there, Matt. The OP should include a link to an official announcement from Kodak, rather as Fuji does in the form of a Dealer Bulletin. So where is the statement? If no verifiable confirmation, it is rumour and heresy.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Oh. Excellent observation. Hadn't though of that. Thread now blocked. Regards.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It's in their best interest to cancel E6, as since in the USA (possible all of north/South America? there is no importing of the Fuji chems for home kits?

So by killing E6... They also hope to increase the switch from Fuji chromes to Ektar and Portra films just by the sake of having no way to process them...

What this means to certified kodak labs like Praus who have excellent E6, are they allowed to use Fuji E6 chems while also running C-41 kodak chems?

And what about CatLabs new E6 home kit? Do they rely on kodak chems at all?

This sucks.... I'm now officially pissed at Kodak and grumpy with the rest of the grey beards on this site... It's a smart move for them financially as I said but it also may potentially alienate a lot of people who won't be able to get their film processed easily....

*grumbles*
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For those of you interested in E6 kits for the home or low-volume, Freestyle is selling Arista and Tetenal kits. I've used the Tetenal, and I was extremely satisfied with it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    For those of you interested in E6 kits for the home or low-volume, Freestyle is selling Arista and Tetenal kits. I've used the Tetenal, and I was extremely satisfied with it.
    Sorry, I meant 6 bath specific, but yes the Tetenal kits exist. And Arista rapid E-6 isn't so bad.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    buy a micro balance

Shooter
    35mm
    I wonder if their RA4 developer will be next? It is currently made for them in China so possibly not but if it goes - then so goes my preferred RA4 chemicals.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    I wonder if their RA4 developer will be next? It is currently made for them in China so possibly not but if it goes - then so goes my preferred RA4 chemicals.
    Mine too. The concentrates last about three years before turning black (however see here) but if you mix them up they may very well last longer. APUG member hrst has done some tests on this. My experience is that 2 1/2 year old mixed up RA4 dev produced prints indistinguishable from fresh dev (to this amateur's eye). Mix the lot up and place it in 1 litre pop bottles with the air squeezed out. It's not a long term solution but it may give you a 2-3 year buffer.
    Steve.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin