Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,823   Online: 1128

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Support Tetenal and other independent suppliers of E6 and C41, and other chemicals.

Support Ilford, Fuji and the independents (including Ferrania if it gets off the ground) for film.

Forget Kodak. I've even stopped buying their cheap-and-nasty "Made in China" batteries. (And that's not saying that all batteries "Made in China" are rubbish, just that Kodak are prostituting their previous good name for a quick buck on products with zero quality control.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Mine too. The concentrates last about three years before turning black (however see here) but if you mix them up they may very well last longer. APUG member hrst has done some tests on this. My experience is that 2 1/2 year old mixed up RA4 dev produced prints indistinguishable from fresh dev (to this amateur's eye). Mix the lot up and place it in 1 litre pop bottles with the air squeezed out. It's not a long term solution but it may give you a 2-3 year buffer.
    yeah why IS that. I've always thought that working solutions would go belly up first, but I have a year old RA4 dev solution that actually works just fine where the concentrates I mixed it from have long since given up the ghost. Black part B, mixed up another litre, wouldn't put a dent on a test strip.

Anyhow, back on topic (sorta), why aren't the fuji hunt C-41 and E6 kits available in the US ? They're top-notch.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    I wonder if their RA4 developer will be next? It is currently made for them in China so possibly not but if it goes - then so goes my preferred RA4 chemicals.
    They make a lot of RA4 paper, so why would they discontinue them, it wouldn't make sense.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you remember this thread, you will remember that Tetenal now makes Kodak's chemistry, or at least a major part of it. Since, unlike B&W chemistry, color chemistry is (supposed to be) interchangeable, I would guess that the Kodak E6 kit is on its way out sooner or later.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daire Quinlan View Post
    yeah why IS that. I've always thought that working solutions would go belly up first, but I have a year old RA4 dev solution that actually works just fine where the concentrates I mixed it from have long since given up the ghost. Black part B, mixed up another litre, wouldn't put a dent on a test strip.

Anyhow, back on topic (sorta), why aren't the fuji hunt C-41 and E6 kits available in the US ? They're top-notch.
    Fuji seems to think it's bad business to make American customers happy...

Taking away Velvia50 and home kits... It's very frustrating...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Instant Films
    You can reach Fujifilm in the states @ 866-701-3854 for sales and 800-526-0851 for the chemistry hotline and they can help you with chemistry questions for your JOBO.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    don't see why people are complaining they only package things that the resellers will accept it is Ja and USA resellers that are saying no…

Kchrome was squeezed by E6
    E6 is squeezed by C41 mini labs
    C41 mini labs squeezed by digital
    DSLR by mirrorless

the happy snappers are deserting film etc., …

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    don't see why people are complaining they only package things that the resellers will accept it is Ja and USA resellers that are saying no…

Kchrome was squeezed by E6
    E6 is squeezed by C41 mini labs
    C41 mini labs squeezed by digital
    DSLR by mirrorless

the happy snappers are deserting film etc., …
    If CatLabs could buy the Fuji kits direct from Fuji and import them to the USA they certainly would, I don't think the US businesses are saying no...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Our E-6 chemistry is not based on Kodak or Fuji materials and is independently sourced, and marketed as end user kits.
    We hope to have something ready in the summer of 2014.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think Champion (not tetenal) made a lot of the Kodak color chemistry. They also sell independently/directly, i think.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin