Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,528   Online: 1009

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    Our E-6 chemistry is not based on Kodak or Fuji materials and is independently sourced, and marketed as end user kits.
    We hope to have something ready in the summer of 2014.
    I look forward to it!

Have you considered selling to labs in bulk to pick up the slack of Kodak? Could be a nice cash cow if you can get it in place quickly...?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    No big deal. The pro labs aren't having any problem getting E6 chem. And here in the West, Freestyle has small-batch private-label "Arista"
    E6 kits. I haven't tried this, but did discover that their Arista label RA4 kits are chemically identical to the Kodak RA/RT kits. As long as slide
    films are still around, there will be sources for E6 chem. This is a fairly standardized kind of process, and not analogous to the Kodachrome
    situation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy13 View Post
    You can reach Fujifilm in the states @ 866-701-3854 for sales and 800-526-0851 for the chemistry hotline and they can help you with chemistry questions for your JOBO.
    Welcome to APUG!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I look forward to it!

Have you considered selling to labs in bulk to pick up the slack of Kodak? Could be a nice cash cow if you can get it in place quickly...?
    Id suggest the pro labs are more worried about the volume for processing dropping even further, they need their nearest competitors to go bust before they do.

Buy lots of E6 and stick it in fridge.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You can reach Fujifilm in the states @ 866-701-3854 for sales and 800-526-0851 for the chemistry hotline and they can help you with chemistry questions for your JOBO.
    Unfortunately, fuji does not sell directly to consumers, they also have a hard time answering consumer questions RE chemistry, and more often then not would direct you to a distributor (how probably knows even less about the product then they do).

Not sure what answers they would give about chemistry for a Jobo (or any other end user use).
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by heterolysis View Post
    Kodak was still making E6 chemistry? Thought they would have killed that with all the films.
    This. It makes sense that they quit making chemicals intended only to process film made only by their competitor.

Fuji still makes them, as do chemical companies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    This. It makes sense that they quit making chemicals intended only to process film made only by their competitor.

Fuji still makes them, as do chemical companies.
    If Kodak could sell chemicals at a profit, it does NOT make sense to stop selling them.

Plus, Kodak slide film is all over China. I could easily, EASILY, fill up 5 fridges with nothing but Kodak slide film if I wanted to. Today.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am really confused here. I think that one of our posters was stating that Fuji E6 chemicals were not being imported into the U.S. but you are saying that Fuji can help with info on chemicals in the U.S. This makes me think that there isn't a problem with availability of Fuji E6 chemicals in the U.S. and it is simply a question of making this available to home users.

Are there Fuji E6 kits and even if there are not then I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to make a kit if the demand justifies it?

Given the availability of E6 chemicals in general I fear for the future of Kodak or is that Kodak Alaris if it is pinning its hopes( false hopes it would appear) on converting all current chrome users to colour neg by hoping that a lack of Fuji home kits will turn everyone to Kodak colour neg instead.

It might be that "Our Man in Havanna" ( as in the Graham Green novel) as I will refer to him has sources we know nothing about. It is appropriate to refer to him with that code name to protect his cover and what appears to be a fruitful source or sources of knowledge that few, if any, of the rest of us have access to.

We live in exciting but worrying times. Interestingly I am writing this while watching " Thirteen Days" about the Cuban missile crisis which relied on similar good sources of information.

It may be that our source has a similar Boston accent to those I am hearing in the film but fortunately in a forum this will remain undetected

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Are there Fuji E6 kits and even if there are not then I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to make a kit if the demand justifies it?
    Never were, never will be.
    There are other end user kits for E-6.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    Never were, never will be.
    There are other end user kits for E-6.
    What are you talking about of course there WERE Fuji E-6 home kits... They were just discontinued in the US
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin