Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,620   Online: 1253

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What are you talking about of course there WERE Fuji E-6 home kits... They were just discontinued in the US
    I have never seen a FUJI made home user E6 kit sold in the US, at east not in the past 2o years, though someone might correct me with a link or other sign to the contrary.
    Fuji-hunt≠fujifilm, and in any case those kits were never sold in the US (though there were sold in Canada, i think).
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    If Kodak could sell chemicals at a profit, it does NOT make sense to stop selling them.

Plus, Kodak slide film is all over China. I could easily, EASILY, fill up 5 fridges with nothing but Kodak slide film if I wanted to. Today.
    So? It's still old stock and Kodak has already sold it to distributors (well maybe, I don't know the details of their distribution.)

There wasn't room in the market for two major makers if E6 films or even some of the Fuji E6 films. It's reasonable to think there isn't room for two major makers if the chems either. There is one, plus smaller makers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    I have never seen a FUJI made home user E6 kit sold in the US, at east not in the past 2o years, though someone might correct me with a link or other sign to the contrary.
    Fuji-hunt≠fujifilm, and in any case those kits were never sold in the US (though there were sold in Canada, i think).
    Fuji Hunt is certainly part of Fujifilm.

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...als/index.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Fuji Hunt is certainly part of Fujifilm.

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...als/index.html
    Yes thats true. No E6 kits though.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's face it. E6 sales are dropping faster than a rock on Jupiter. (For those that don't know that is about 2. x what a rock would fall on earth).

E6 products have been failing at a huge rate since digital. Face it!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    E6 products have been failing at a huge rate since digital.
    Ron,

We had one of our every couple of months Kodak Park Photography Technology retirees lunches today and discussed this (among other things). I was told that a significant Ektachrome decline predated digital by about a dozen years.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak discontinues E6 chemicals?

Significant declines probably started due to several other factors: the phenomenal increase in quality of color neg, home video cameras (in tape first) and the Internet providing a way to share images, pre dating affordable shooting of quality images directly digitally when prints were much easier to scan.

People just don't have the patience for darkening a room and gathering round for a slide show when prints are so much easier and the quality overtook then (arguably for some purposes) surpassed slides.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Significant declines probably started due to several other factors: the phenomenal increase in quality of color neg, home video cameras (in tape first) and the Internet providing a way to share images, pre dating affordable shooting of quality images directly digitally when prints were much easier to scan.

People just don't have the patience for darkening a room and gathering round for a slide show when prints are so much easier and the quality overtook then (arguably for some purposes) surpassed slides.

I'm sure memories of torture of slideshows at the neighbors house probably helped too...

But E6 produces colors that C-41 just can't... At least Velvia50.... Ektar100 is nice, and better than nothing, but it's no Velvia50... Admit It PE!!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But digital can, if you're into that.

I like slide film, but I still shoot it for projection. I stopped shooting it for other purposes once I started printing RA4.

Anyone else remember Agfa Ultra 50? Now there was a super saturated neg film!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak discontinues E6 chemicals?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    But digital can, if you're into that.

I like slide film, but I still shoot it for projection. I stopped shooting it for other purposes once I started printing RA4.

Anyone else remember Agfa Ultra 50? Now there was a super saturated neg film!

I disagree, digital can't come close to the colors of Velvia50... Ektar100 has a much better chance than digital...

Anyway AGFA Ultra50? Hmm I've never heard of it... A quick google search says I LOVE it!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin