Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,173   Online: 967

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Weihan View Post
    This is more useful. Thanks.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As always, please make the distinction between "available in the US/Canadia" and "being made at the factory".
    If Fuji US are to be believed, then all chromes in sheets were discontinued ages ago, almost every "death of velvia" thread I've ever read only quotes US distributors.
    However they are still being made at the factory in Japan with 2015 expiry dates (I know because I've got some direct from Japan, at US$140 for 20 sheets of 4x5 thankyou very much)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    So I took it upon myself to talk to the source.....

Velvia100 is still being produced and is available, badger is wrong...

"Dear Stone,

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM North America Corporation. Please allow us to assist you.

Velvia 100 is currently in production and available in the following formats

135-36
    135-36 (5 Pack)
    120 (5 Pack)
    4x5 (20 Sheet)
    8x10 (20 Sheet)

We sincerely hope this information has been beneficial to you. If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. It would be our pleasure to assist you again.

Thank you for your interest in FUJIFILM products and services.

Respectfully,

Damion
    Authorized Customer Care Representative
    Customer Care, Imaging Division
    FUJIFILM North America Corporation
    Email: contactfuji@fujifilm.com"
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds definitive, Stone. You'd think that given the apparent mayhem that stores/distributors can create with announcements allegedly from Fuji which it would seem are wrong, that Fujifilm North American Corporation would decide to make its own announcement here on APUG to stop this kind of thing. It wouldn't be that time consuming and might stop the doom and gloom. In recent months APUG product announcements must rival Orson Wells' 1938 radio programme for generating mass panic

It might be different if there were only half a dozen Fuji products users here on APUG based in the U.S. but you are scattered from California to the New York Island. I can't help feeling that there's a song somewhere here!

On a happier note I can state that Orson's Martians are definitely discontinued. Well according to my local distributor they are discontinued so I have bought 100 bricks of them for e-bay while stocks last

pentaxuser

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Fuji Velvia 100 in 4x5 being discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Sounds definitive, Stone. You'd think that given the apparent mayhem that stores/distributors can create with announcements allegedly from Fuji which it would seem are wrong, that Fujifilm North American Corporation would decide to make its own announcement here on APUG to stop this kind of thing. It wouldn't be that time consuming and might stop the doom and gloom. In recent months APUG product announcements must rival Orson Wells' 1938 radio programme for generating mass panic

It might be different if there were only half a dozen Fuji products users here on APUG based in the U.S. but you are scattered from California to the New York Island. I can't help feeling that there's a song somewhere here!

On a happier note I can state that Orson's Martians are definitely discontinued. Well according to my local distributor they are discontinued so I have bought 100 bricks of them for e-bay while stocks last

pentaxuser
    There is an ongoing discussion on the large-format forum with the same title by the same original poster, on that one badgergraphics has actually came and made a statement regarding their representative on the forum and it was the opposite of my email, so I asked them to give me the contact information and am now in direct contact with the representative to see where the disconnect is. I am now waiting to hear back from him.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post

pentaxuser
    They were in little green boxes?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ok, it's been solved...

Essentially I was right....

The SKU number changed.... And the way they announced this was... "Hey this SKU is discontinued"

Then days later said "this is the new sku"....

Bad Fuji....

Anyway we can all rest assured that just for a little while at least we still have Velvia100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good "leg" work stone.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Good "leg" work stone.
    It's just doing due diligence... With the amount if misinformation (and possibly disinformation who knows for sure) it's better to ask as directly as you can to as many official sources as you can.

I contacted Fuji USA by email, Fuji USA and JP by twitter, and the Fuji rep for badger graphics and the ordering rep at B&H Photo.

The only one who said this was discontinued was Badger, and they later came on LFF and retracted their statements, claiming the bad info came from Fuji but not exactly sure where, finger pointing etc. But I'm sure they were just confused by the sku info change...

From the Fuji rep...

Old Mat # New mat #
    Velvia 100 4x5 (20) 16010382 16326157
    Velvia 100 8x10 (20) 16010394 16326169

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    They were in little green boxes?
    That's right! How did you know? My local stockist's a nice slightly wizened old man called Mekon. He has assistants who are good for heavy work but with limited brain power.

The local trouble-maker, called Dare, is quite rightly banned from Mr Mekon's shop. We all keep an Eagle eye out for Dare and his mates

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin