Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,997   Posts: 1,633,357   Online: 1078

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Stone.
    I think though that you don't understand about those confidentiality warnings .
    It isn't up to the recipient to determine what is and isn't confidential, if the email says it is confidential.
    It is different if the warning says that the email may be confidential.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just give me at least ONE E-6 film, just one type of Ektachrome like E200 or something! I'm not going to get into asking for KR64 back but Ektachrome 200 would be a nice surprise....Also at least one Tungsten balanced film...Maybe a new and improved version of Portra 100T that could be faster so maybe a Portra 500T? I think it would fit in the line nicely.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Unless it's internal communications or you have signed a non-disclosure clause they can't enforce any confidentiality on messages such as that. As soon as they press send it's public domain.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nateo200 View Post
    Just give me at least ONE E-6 film...
    Go Ferrania...

Ken
    "There is very limited audience for the arty stuff, and it is largely comprised of other arty types, most of whom have no money to spend because no one is buying their stuff either. More people bring their emotions to an image than bring their intellect. The former are the folks who have checkbooks because they are engineers, accountants, and bankers—and generally they are engineers, accountants and bankers because they are not artists."

— Amanda Tomlin, Looking Glass Magazine, 2014

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Gerbershagen The new Head of Kodak Alaris says he wants input.

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Thanks Stone.
    I think though that you don't understand about those confidentiality warnings .
    It isn't up to the recipient to determine what is and isn't confidential, if the email says it is confidential.
    It is different if the warning says that the email may be confidential.
    I know, I do "understand" but I also know that kodak should expect photographers to discuss this sort of thing, and I don't feel I shared anything that would get them upset, and I also don't think they are about to sue me for it...

I could have paraphrased the whole thing and "be covered" but why bother? I don't have much anyway... If they sue me the most they would get would be half a box of 4x5 TMY-2 and some 4x5 Delta100 and 4x5 HP5+... And PanF+ in 120... And... Velvia50/100 in 120 and 4x5... That's about it!

They mostly wouldn't want any of that....

Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Unless it's internal communications or you have signed a non-disclosure clause they can't enforce any confidentiality on messages such as that. As soon as they press send it's public domain.

Also, what he said ^^^^
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 04-17-2014 at 11:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Go Ferrania...

Ken
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by nateo200 View Post
    Just give me at least ONE E-6 film, just one type of Ektachrome like E200 or something! I'm not going to get into asking for KR64 back but Ektachrome 200 would be a nice surprise....Also at least one Tungsten balanced film...Maybe a new and improved version of Portra 100T that could be faster so maybe a Portra 500T? I think it would fit in the line nicely.
    Vision3 500T.... It's tungsten...

And support Fuji while it exists... They have 3 E-6 films in production...still... Keep it coming!

Since kodak JUST discontinued their E-6 chemistry they won't be bringing back any E-6, it sucks but I asked and no was a definite answer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is true that you probably cannot enforce a tacked on confidentiality clause except in certain limited circumstances, but it is also true that is really bad form to ignore the request contained in it - unless you want to alienate the person who sent it.
    And if there hadn't already been a request for E6 and a response, I would have added that too.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    It is true that you probably cannot enforce a tacked on confidentiality clause except in certain limited circumstances, but it is also true that is really bad form to ignore the request contained in it - unless you want to alienate the person who sent it.
    And if there hadn't already been a request for E6 and a response, I would have added that too.
    Well now I feel bad and you think poorly if my choice, well I was only trying to share the info, I was just saving time and making sure I didn't rephrase the response incorrectly...next time I will paraphrase.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i also got a response from mr mooney
    (cc'd to ms jonckeer with pr )
    also a confidentiality clause

they obviously read the letter they got
    and and the response is kind of a nice personalized form letter
    Last edited by jnanian; 04-18-2014 at 07:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They aren't going to say anything in an email to you that's not already cleared for public dissemination, since, in that context, you are john q. public.

The paragraph probably gets added automatically by their email server and it's not something the sender even has any control over.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin