Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,703   Online: 754

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They aren't going to say anything in an email to you that's not already cleared for public dissemination, since, in that context, you are john q. public.

The paragraph probably gets added automatically by their email server and it's not something the sender even has any control over.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    They aren't going to say anything in an email to you that's not already cleared for public dissemination, since, in that context, you are john q. public.

The paragraph probably gets added automatically by their email server and it's not something the sender even has any control over.
    That was my feeling, that's what happens to my moms emails, even when she sends me stuff about cats, the American spirit, and pictures she sees on the intent she sends to "connect" with me about photography... (Yes mom, send me other peoples photography and tell me how beautiful it is, instead of buying one of my pieces [or even just display one in the home] you like to help support my vision...thanks...) lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I was practicing, every email I sent included a phrase that indicated that the contents may be confidential and protected by a claim for solicitor-client privilege.

That clause was there in order to:
    1) help support a claim of solicitor-client privilege, even if the information went to the wrong person by mistake; and
    2) help support a demand to a third party to keep information confidential.

The clause is there so that if the confidentiality of the email is unclear, it will be presumed to be confidential - it leaves it up to the recipient to enquire about sharing.

If you have that at the end of your email, it is sloppy to send out something that is intended to be public without saying so.

And as to Kodak sending something to you that is not intended to be shared with the public, I would expect that they would treat the email as private, unless you invited them to share it.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    When I was practicing, every email I sent included a phrase that indicated that the contents may be confidential and protected by a claim for solicitor-client privilege.

That clause was there in order to:
    1) help support a claim of solicitor-client privilege, even if the information went to the wrong person by mistake; and
    2) help support a demand to a third party to keep information confidential.

The clause is there so that if the confidentiality of the email is unclear, it will be presumed to be confidential - it leaves it up to the recipient to enquire about sharing.

If you have that at the end of your email, it is sloppy to send out something that is intended to be public without saying so.

And as to Kodak sending something to you that is not intended to be shared with the public, I would expect that they would treat the email as private, unless you invited them to share it.
    The new kodak leaser publicly asked for questions to be answered, I can't imagine they expected all the answers and replies to be kept private and secret.... Anyway, what's done is done.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin