Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,618   Online: 1119

Page 1 of 17 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Gerbershagen The new Head of Kodak Alaris says he wants input.

I was going through You tube today and found this video which is to introduce the new dude heading up Kodak Alaris, A Mr. Ralf Gerbershagen. Seems he is also from the Tech sector having ween with Motorola Mobility before it was bought up (and later resold) by Google.

At 2:26 in the video he is asking for questions and comments from customers to be sent to ceo@kodakalaris.com

I suspect tahta many of us may have some questions about the marketing of Kodak Silver products.

Watch the video and try to think up some serious questions, I doubt he would be swayed by "Bring back Kodachrome" but may be open to concerns about the remoteness that may here have felt from their dealings with Kodak and it's sales chain in the past few years.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    I was going through You tube today and found this video...Watch the video...
    Here's a link for anyone who wants to watch it:

...At 2:26 in the video he is asking for questions and comments from customers to be sent to ceo@kodakalaris.com...try to think up some serious questions...
    OK, I just sent the following message to him:

Dear Mr. Gerbershagen,

You asked for questions -- here are mine.
    • What contractual commitment do you have from Eastman Kodak Company to continue producing the current range of Kodak still camera films?
    • Is it connected to sales volume?
    • Does it relate to the manufacturing of motion picture film, which Eastman Kodak can reasonably expect to plummet when existing contracts end next year?
    • Is there some date after which or sales volume floor below which Eastman Kodak is no longer obligated to coat films for Kodak Alaris?
    • In the event that Eastman Kodak Company, for one or more of the reasons listed above, ceases to be a Kodak Alaris supplier of still camera films, does your agreement with it include any provision for transitioning production of existing Kodak-branded still films from Building 38 in Rochester, New York to your facility at Harrow?
    • Would associated engineering/manufacturing personnel and intellectual property be transferred to Kodak Alaris?
    • Can your coating line at Harrow be switched back and forth between RA-4 paper and the film products without undue disruption?
    • If neither Eastman Kodak supply nor relocated production in Harrow are available, does your agreement permit Kodak Alaris to source still camera films elsewhere and use the Kodak brand on them?
    Thank you in advance for your answers. Photography forums around the world are abuzz with rumor and speculation, none of which is based on facts or knowledge. This situation cannot be positive for Kodak Alaris. In my opinion, sharing factual information is the only way you can prevent customers from fleeing to other film sources in the face of uncertainty.

Best regards,

Sal Santamaura

I'm expecting a "thank you for your questions" response, but not much after that. Will let everyone know what, if anything, happens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... I doubt he would be swayed by "Bring back Kodachrome" ...
    That question would guarantee the Gerbershagen would stop listening to anything said after that.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very well done messaging. I would buy anything from him.
    I'm curious, who is buying a billion dollars of Alaris products? That's not roll film, boys and girls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ...I'm expecting a "thank you for your questions" response, but not much after that...Will let everyone know what, if anything, happens.
    Moments ago I received a reply from Mr. Gabershagen thanking me for reaching out to him. He wrote that he'd forwarded my message to Kodak Alaris' Director of Operations / VP in the UK and Film Capture Business Manager in Rochester so they can "assist with my questions."

I'll post again if/when substantive answers are received.

Shooter
    35mm
    Also received a response referring my questions to the "Film Capture" manager, which is reassuring in a way as for many years it did not seem like Eastman Kodak had anything resembling that sort of Position.
    Last edited by cmacd123; 04-07-2014 at 08:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Originally Posted by cmacd123<br />
    ... I doubt he would be swayed by &quot;Bring back Kodachrome&quot; ...
    <br />
    <br />
    That question would guarantee the Gerbershagen would stop listening to anything said after that.

--------

That is why I always put it at the bottom of my emails. :smirk:

Hopefully he will refine what kind of input he is searching for...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm tempted to send him a question that only HE can answer...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cunningham View Post
    Very well done messaging. I would buy anything from him.
    I'm curious, who is buying a billion dollars of Alaris products? That's not roll film, boys and girls.
    That has me curious as well.

The overwhelming sense I have is that the KA guys haven't figured out that the future of film will be all about micro-manufacturers selling into a tiny niche market, or that they have figured that out and figure they have a year or two or three to milk what they can out of the current product line before moving on to new markets.

I have a hard time thinking any of the talk about "innovation" has anything to do with film for people like us.
    I shoot digital when I have to (most of those shots end up here) and film (occasionally one of those shots ends up here) when I want to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by omaha View Post
    I have a hard time thinking any of the talk about "innovation" has anything to do with film for people like us.
    Maybe they have a plan to sell 70mm film with free/subsidised lenses, cameras, developing, and 4K scanning, coz that'll beat the digital boys at their own game and make everyone move back to film, yeah.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Page 1 of 17 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin