Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,102   Online: 1033

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    Some cameras use metal contacts some optical?
    I never heard of optical DX-code sensors. Might be unreliable depending on varnish (IR-transmission) anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Nikkormats don't flash. Get yourself a Nikkormat!

My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    My Nikkormats don't flash. Get yourself a Nikkormat!

My Canon only flashes to let me know I need to manually set the ASA, then I set it, and it's fine.

However, it also tells me that it doesn't know how many frames are on the roll (since apparently the DX also tells the camera if it's a 24 frame or 36 frame etc.) and that won't stop blinking as I don't know what the custom frame number setting is for my Canon 1v, so I can relate to your blinking problem... luckily for me, it senses when the film refuses to advance any further and re-winds when it senses it's at the end, however I'm always worried this will put wear on the camera gears over time, wish I could figure out how to set the frame count...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I never heard of optical DX-code sensors. Might be unreliable depending on varnish (IR-transmission) anyway.
    Leica M7 started with mechanical then switched to optical part way through production

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...dx-reader.html

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd try to tape the DX sticker to the camera, then you don't need to keep re-sticking the stickers on each film cassette. My only pet peeve on this topic is the Nikon N75 and similar cameras. The manual ISO you set is not recognized in MANUAL mode. The frustration is with people (camera designers?) that think in MANUAL you don't want to use the camera's meter or you are trying to do something weirdo.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I'd try to tape the DX sticker to the camera, then you don't need to keep re-sticking the stickers on each film cassette. My only pet peeve on this topic is the Nikon N75 and similar cameras. The manual ISO you set is not recognized in MANUAL mode. The frustration is with people (camera designers?) that think in MANUAL you don't want to use the camera's meter or you are trying to do something weirdo.
    Yea that is odd... Should'a' had a canon
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are so many GREAT classic cameras available these days (due to digital), why bother with cameras that have a conniption if there is no ASA code on the canister?
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    There are so many GREAT classic cameras available these days (due to digital), why bother with cameras that have a conniption if there is no ASA code on the canister?
    +1

Shooter
    35mm
    Because my wife uses A Canon Digital and insists we share the more expensive lenses. This spurred to to collect one of each of many of the EOS film cameras.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin