Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,540   Posts: 1,572,767   Online: 896

Thread: Processing E-6

Shooter
    35mm

Processing E-6

My local lab, BWC in Dallas, just informed me that they are no longer processing E-6. Apparently the pro's prefer the newer C-41 film as it is more forgiving and they are ultimately going to print it, anyway.

But that leaves me with the need to find a new lab. Obviously I'll need to send it off, but that was always the way with slides before I moved next to BWC. They recommended Richard Photo out in CA, but I wasn't impressed by their website. The apparently can't decide whether they charge $11 or $12 for a roll of 135 (both prices are listed in different parts of the site). Plus they want an additional 4 bucks for mounting.

I'm sure this topic has come up before, but where are folks going to get their E-6 processed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I send my E6 (and C41) out to Dwaynes Photo out in Kansas, they do good work. http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/‎
    I just sent them couple rolls last week actually.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dehk View Post
    I send my E6 (and C41) out to Dwaynes Photo out in Kansas, they do good work. http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/‎
    I just sent them couple rolls last week actually.
    +1. The folks at Dwayne's do consistently top notch work. After my trip to the Island on Tuesday, the next batch of E6 will be ready to go (currently 55 rolls of 35mm E100G/VS and 30-odd rolls of 120 E100G). i.e. I freeze after shooting, and then accumulate enough film so that shipping costs are negligible.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In Portland, Oregon we have Citizen's Photo and Blue Moon Camera. I do believe Blue Moon is an advertiser here.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm a big fan of http://www.4photolab.com

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Count a vote for North County Photo Services as mentioned by Ken Rockwell. They are excellent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using Blue Moon (they advertise here) and I've been happy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin