Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,418   Posts: 1,596,689   Online: 962

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    I assume all the film manufactures must hold such equipment from their R&D departments?
    Exactly. I stated that before. Nevertheless Ferrania/Filmm Ferrania are considered unique.

Well, such development coaters are typically quite a gap off in productivity from the productions ones. But more important other manufacturers seem to have decided not to engage in consumer films at all, or not at that scale.

At Film Ferrania though such coating line ís know under control of people with another mindset.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Exactly. I stated that before. Nevertheless Ferrania/Filmm Ferrania are considered unique.

Well, such development coaters are typically quite a gap off in productivity from the productions ones. But more important other manufacturers seem to have decided not to engage in consumer films at all, or not at that scale.

At Film Ferrania though such coating line ís know under control of people with another mindset.
    I really think that film will become a niche market before long and its use for lomography is ever increasing.
    Kodak should seriously look at making shorter production runs of film if its possible, there would be enough demand for it.
    Bring back ektachrome, it was great.

This crowd in italy may end up holding the largest marketshare in colour film before long.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    I really think that film will become a niche market before long and its use for lomography is ever increasing.
    Kodak should seriously look at making shorter production runs of film if its possible, there would be enough demand for it.
    Bring back ektachrome, it was great.

This crowd in italy may end up holding the largest marketshare in colour film before long.
    The Italian job may be 100% soon...

In London lomos are less than 10% of film cameras visible. SLRs are big majority, plastic pola next in freq!

The frequency distribution is biased as some\most ladies carry cameras concealed in bags. And I expect they are the largest fraction,...

Demand may still be falling. Most people I know are surcoming to d=+%*...

The interesting thing was on a demo a hot news DSLR person asked me a film question. So I said why? You don't shoot film...

'I have a wet print portfolio to show Im a real photographer that is how I get digital payed work'!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin