Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,110   Posts: 1,612,903   Online: 1271

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Static or anti-static

Have an old Ilford antistaticum cloth, is it safe to use this cloth to clean all the dust off my photograph? AND,I'm placing an 1/8" clear non glare acrylic over the photograph, can I use same cloth to repel dust without scratching the acrylic? Plan to spray 'Novus #1 plastic clean and shine' on acrylic before using antistaticum cloth. I'll be using gloves.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If it is an old photo, Id scan it first and save file.

Dust can be embedded if the dust does not come of a margin or corner with a gentile wipe from clean soft duster stop.

If you have an intact neg Id reprint.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes it is....they are amazing...if I say it myself.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just a thought about using a separate cleaning product with that anti-static cloth. If you contaminate the anti-static cloth with some liquid, or spray etc. etc, then it may need a wash and not have it's usual effects. Better to apply/remove the cleaning product with another cloth or tissue, then use the anti-static one when the acrylic is already "clean". Or perhaps that is what you meant already . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Yes it is....they are amazing...if I say it myself.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.
    I like mine too but question - how long do the anti static properties last? The instructions say you can keep it in the bag to keep it clean but it won't prolong the anti static effects. I'm thinking they should be replaced periodically but I've no idea how often.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin