Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,445   Online: 808

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

[UK only] Agfaphoto Vista+ 400 available at Poundland

For those in the UK that are near a Poundland shop, they are now selling Vista+ 400 ISO in 24 exp.
    According to posts on Flickr, they are available in some shops. In London, the Stratford shop still had some stock with expiry date of 2016/02.
    Still the same £1 per box.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've tried the Vista 200 stuff, and as far as I'm concerned at £1 a lump it's overpriced the colour balance is far too warm I don't know who makes it but it's not like any Agfa or Fuji film I've ever used and I would rather pay the price of Kodak or Fuji pro neg. films than waste my time and effort on this film.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Vista 200 is made in Japan, it's in Fuji style cassettes and tubs. I have 5 rolls to try after some friends recommended it to me, they get excellent results processed at their local Max Spielman lab, my local store also recommends it says it's one of the best films around.

I'll wait and see what the results are like. If the prints are too warm that's down to the lab or the lighting rather than the film itself.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have developed Fuji C200 and AgfaVista200 together in the same tank in Tetenal C41, and I can't see a difference either scanned or on a lighbox. The edge codes are also very similar.

Draw your own conclusions ...

NJH

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Same experience here, my local lab has no problems with it and the scans I get back I prefer to Portra 400.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ben,
    I know already you don't like the ISO 200. You already said the same thing a few times.

I have developed Fuji C200 and AgfaVista200 together in the same tank in Tetenal C41, and I can't see a difference either scanned or on a lighbox. The edge codes are also very similar.
    I found the same, although I don't developed them myself. I sent some at the same time to my lab and couldn't see a difference.

I have some Fuji Superia Extra 400 that I will be using along side this Vista+ 400 next Winter.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well I understand Ben's comments I scanned a few and got strange balance unlike more normal Fuji or Kodak.

But when I found the auto white balance button it normalised everything ... I don't have any sophisticated image tools to attempt manulipations.

Id suggest the retail £ means some one in Japan is dumping a marginal coating... can't last for long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well it has been available in £land for at least a couple of years, and it is (and also has been for a few years) sold by "ordinary" photo retailers in the UK and in many other markets at higher prices.

I'd suggest it's simply a rebadge and that £land pricing simply reflects their ability to buy in huge lots in a way that no photo retailer can do any more, in the UK at least.

CHX

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    Well it has been available in £land for at least a couple of years, and it is (and also has been for a few years) sold by "ordinary" photo retailers in the UK and in many other markets at higher prices.

I'd suggest it's simply a rebadge and that £land pricing simply reflects their ability to buy in huge lots in a way that no photo retailer can do any more, in the UK at least.
    This. Every branch of poundland I've been in has several retail bulk boxes of Vista on the shelf at any one time. The film is always fresh (at least a year before expiry, often more) and given the number of branches p/land has, they must be the biggest buyers of Vista stocks in the UK by a clear mile, so it is clearly not end of line material.

Quite how they manage to shift so much of it though, I have no clue, since it doesn't it fit in with their overall stocking profile of high turnover everyday items. I'm just really glad they have it as, regardless of ones opinion of the film (I'm perfectly happy with it as my main colour choice) it means I can always afford to pursue my interest, which I definitely could *not* do paying 4-5x as much per roll.
    ~ Sign the petition: We want Aerochrome! ~

Shooter
    35mm
    I noticed that the AgfaPhoto Vista 200-36 is also relatively cheep at B&H

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._200_35mm.html

who knows why it is only 2.50 US a roll (which I think is close to a Pound last time I looked at exchange rates.)
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin