Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,051   Posts: 1,561,177   Online: 856

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Bought Minox B 1967, What is next ?

I bought a Minox B from 1967 and Minox Lightmeter.

I saw my lifes most technically perfect film scan at APUG Gallery taken with that camera.

< I will look for a cutter , how many rolls I can cut from 35mm canister ? Is it to simple to ruin slicing a 35mm film ?

< Is 120 film easier to slice with maket knife and cheaper without purchasing cutter ?

I have a 120 cms or 48 inches long aluminum plate , I could squeze the 120 BW film under it and cut with maket knife , What is the lenght of 120 film , what width and lenght of cut film is required to be perfectly film sit in camera canister ?

< How to check the camera asap after post reaches to me ?

< How do you focus the camera ?

< Is there a lightmeter on the camera ?

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-02-2014 at 08:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At the Minox site you find the addresses for service and printing.
    Plain film.
    No battery.
    You'll have to modify reels for 9.5 mm, use the Minox tank or make a drum similar to the Minox one.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Minox Repair Services

MINOX GmbH
    Technical Service
    Walter-Zapp-Str. 4
    D-35578 Wetzlar
    Germany
    Tel.: +49-6441-917-682
    Fax: +49-6441-917-612
    Mail: info@minox.com

MINOX USA Inc.
    P.O. Box 123
    Meriden, NH 03770
    USA
    Tel.: +1-866- 469-3080 in USA
    Tel.: +1-603-287-4840 from Canada
    Fax: +1-603-469-3471
    Mail: usa@minox.com

For 8x11 camera repairs only.

Kameraservice Schäfer OHG
    Moritzstr. 47
    65185 Wiesbaden
    Germany
    Tel.: +49-611-39679
    Fax: +49-611-378173

For 8x11 or 35mm analogue cameras

D.A.G. Camera Repair
    2128 Vintage Drive
    Oregon, Wi. 53575
    USA
    Tel.: +1-608-835-3342

Please note: we repair ONLY 8x11 and 35mm MINOX cameras made in Germany. We do not repair MINOX digital cameras.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-02-2014 at 07:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Minox Film Development, Print , Scan Services

MINOX 8x11 colour and B/W films
    If your films have not yet expired, we offer to develop and digitalise your 8x11 colour films onto a CD. You can then have prints made from your lab or printing station of choice.
    Please send your films to one of the following addresses:

USA/Canada

Blue Moon Camera and Machine

We use optical machinery to produce classic results from MINOX films both new and old, directly from your negatives. Our staff is a dedicated group of current MINOX shooters with an eye for minute details, and we pride ourselves in treating your work in the same way that we treat our own.

Developing, optical printing, and digital scanning services are available, with as little as a week turnaround. We offer fresh film (when available)*, as well as new and used MINOX sub-miniature cameras. We're dedicated to helping you with all your current and ongoing MINOX needs.

*Please visit our MINOX FAQ page for a comprehensive explanation of our services.

Blue Moon Camera and Machine
    8417 N. Lombard St.
    Portland, OR 97203

+1-503-978-0333
    +1-503-978-0370
    sales@bluemooncamera.com

UK
    Germany

MS HOBBIES
    (All films)
    35 Lochloy Avenue,
    Nairn, Inverness
    IV12 5AW, Scotland

+44-1667-451405

lab@mshobbies.co.uk
    www.mshobbies.co.uk
    Photo Studio 13 GmbH
    Fachlabor & Digitalservice
    Heilbronner Str. 1
    70771 LE-Echterdingen
    Tel. +49 (0)711/79084-0
    Fax +49 (0)711/79084-84

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Minox Film Development and Print Prices at www.bluemooncamera.com

Shooting with your Minox camera should not be a rarified or exotic experience. We keep the subminiature print pricing schedule in line with that of our standard 35mm processing and printing. To wit:
    Black & White -- $8.00 to develop the film (by hand) and $0.55 per print
    Color -- $5.00 to develop the film (by machine) and $0.55 per print
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    User a cigar cutter to cut your film.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mustafa,

If you ever operated an AM Varityper Headliner, you might have the tool to slit 35mm strips into unperforated strips of any width.

Sorry APUG - this is an inside joke between two Pre-Press people...

You see, I have the orange acrylic block that holds two razors at any desired width - that you can draw a strip of 35mm through to create a strip of unperforated film...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The Headliner was such a cool machine. Not only did I actually get paid (by the hour) to use one of those in production work... I owned one later that I bought at a garage sale with more than two dozen font wheels. The device included a motor-driven cassette like container that had three baths, dev/stop/rinse and would run automatically to develop the strip of 35mm standard perf lith paper.

To operate, it was exactly like a Dymo labeler, you spin the wheel to the character you want. Flip a toggle switch to expose, and the advance arm kicked into a slot, cut as deep as the set-width of the character you had just exposed with a little light bulb that sat over the font disk. (Which is about 12 inch diameter acrylic wheel)... Functionally elegant and that developing tank inspired "packrat" in me to keep the gadget much longer than I ever would need it... I always thought I could use it to develop film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mustafa, hopefully you got the chain that comes with the Minox B. You hold it up to the nose of the person you are photographing. There are bumps at the engraved distances. Then you drop the chain and take the photo... Easy close-ups and the camera has parallax correction so you will not cut off their head (or nose).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you very much Derek and Bill :-) I am buying an minox b and reading oracle hacker's book and listen miles davis from 80s. I think I am closing the gap with youngsters.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin