Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,623   Online: 696

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    It looks as though it has been taken over by some people who are interested in photography for what it is.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth
    I would imagine that pan-f in sheet would excite a few people......
    It would upset me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally, if I were a Kodak user, I'd be abandoning Kodak and switching to Ilford at this moment. (I am already 100% dedicated to Ilford). What I'm trying to say is that Ilford is obviously dedicated to B&W, and is in to carve a niche for itself. I could be wrong, but I don't think that Kodak will stay in the game for much longer...For such a massive corporation, the financial gains to be made in B&W must be miniscule compared to everything else.

If Ilford is trying to get back onto its feet, and is willing to support the B&W community exclusively, then maybe it's time for everyone to get on board now in order to ensure that it does survive.

Just MHO,
    Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As much as I prefer many Ilford products, and want to see them do well, and intend to buy as many of them as possible...

There are *also* Kodak products that some of us love. I, for one, would be very sad if TriX were to disappear, even if HP5+ were available forever; I also love Polymax and Polycontrast, and have every intention of using the heck out of Azo.

Of course, who can predict what Kodak will do? There are those who believe that actual sales figures are irrelevant, and that Kodak will continue to produce black-and-white films only as long as the depreciation on the manufacturing equipment continues to pay off...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "So, come on, confess - who actually panic-bought a fridge-full of Pan F+?"

I confess. But not so much out of panic, it was due to depression. I've loved PanF+ for 30-odd years--especially the 120 size. I couldn't control myself so I put a couple hundred rolls in the freezer.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    1) I wonder how jandc is taking the news? I thought everyone was going to buy their products to support them?
    2) Will Ilford re-intorduce the SEI Photometer?
    3) I'd love to see them introduce a graded bromide paper. How about Ilfobrom? I recall using that and liking it many years ago.
    4) Who makes glass plate holders for Canham 5x7 and 8x10 cameras?

I, too, am very happy with this news. I hope there is sufficient world-wide interest and support to keep them going.

What is up with B&W lately. Instead of going away, I keep hearing of new magazines, strength with existing ones, new cameras, interesting growing in ULF and alternative processes, etc. Doesn't sound like dying breed to me. Just businesses\markets realigning to accomodate the analog\digital divide. Fun times ahead.

-Mike

Their sales will die in Canada if the retailers have to continue with the customs clearance hassles of bringing the stuff over the border. One store told me the other day they just couldnt be bothered to bring in a box of paper for me
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapper
    So, come on, confess - who actually panic-bought a fridge-full of Pan F+?
    I confess, I bought a lot of panf+ when it was rumored to be discontinued.

And I paid a high price for this film, about one cent per exposure of 35mm.

Wrong judgement.

Pan F in sheets ?... For start, two boxes for me please.
    sergio caetano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    1) I wonder how jandc is taking the news? I thought everyone was going to buy their products to support them?
    Given the service I just received on my first-ever order from jandc this week, I'll still be buying their products, too. Our happy black-and-white world is big enough for Ilford, and Kodak, and jandc, as far as I'm concerned.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin