Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,777   Online: 856

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Tri-X sales up? 'cause something's up.

I'm heading back to Canada and the US for about 7 months and looking at getting some film, Tri-X to be exact.
    About a month ago I said there seemed to be some shortages, and everybody replied that I was imagining it.
    Well, right now, Freestyle shows 'out of stock', Adorama shows 'out of stock', Amazon.ca shows 'only 5 rolls remaining' and Henry's in Toronto shows 'ships in 4-6 business days', yet HP5+ shows shipping same day. My favourite supplier here in France is showing it in stock for the first time in 3 weeks, but has dropped the maximum lot from 50 rolls down to 20.
    Am I still imagining it folks?
    These are facts, not speculation.
    Last edited by hdeyong; 11-10-2014 at 02:59 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: speling correction

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could be various factors, like distribution etc... I did order 32 rolls in 35mm from freestyle. They still have lots of it in 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adorama & B&H both show they have 35mm 120 and large format in stock. Freestyle has 24 exp rolls, 100' rolls, 120 rolls and pro packs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by Jim17x; 11-10-2014 at 08:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    From June to July this year there was a thread about the absence of Kodak film from Tokyo Ja shops. Eventually it reappeared.

May have cost them sales.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    so shoot ilford.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A good reason to buy a quantity and put it up in the fridge.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've never noticed it out of stock at B&H (always see big stocks of it behind the counter there). In fact, there website even lists a pre-order of re-released Tri-X 828 film (!?), so I don't think it is going anywhere.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    A good reason to buy a quantity and put it up in the fridge.
    Better yet: A good reason to buy a quantity of fridges ...
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jspillane View Post
    I've never noticed it out of stock at B&H (always see big stocks of it behind the counter there). In fact, there website even lists a pre-order of re-released Tri-X 828 film (!?), so I don't think it is going anywhere.
    That's weird, although welcome. I didn't even know what 828 format was, and had to google it. It doesn't ever seem to have been particularly popular, so it seems a strange choice to reintroduce, except that it is the same width as 135 so can come from the same un-perforated bulk rolls. Nevertheless, great to see another film format becoming available again!

Ahh I see it's been respooled by filmforclassics.com from bulk rolls. Still it's nice to see.
    Last edited by andrew.roos; 11-10-2014 at 10:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah B&H currently shows all sizes in stock, including the respooled 620, and the pre-order for 828.

Freestyle shows "low stock" (but they have some) in 120 single rolls (unboxed from Pro Packs) and out of stock only in 135-36. Everything else is available including full 120 Pro Packs.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin