Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 719

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Fujifilm discontinuations announced: 120 Velvia 100F, B&W Art Emulsion

http://ffis.fujifilm.co.jp/informati...lein_0036.html

4x5 and 8x10 Velvia 100F continue for now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What specific products are called "B&W Art Emulsions", are they films or liquid emusion ?
    Last edited by benjiboy; 12-15-2014 at 02:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I googled and it's literally an emulsion product - like liquid light

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go Ferrania!

"They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wasn't Velvia 100F the one that people didn't like? (well, at least, Ken didn't like it, I wasn't the biggest fan). As long as they don't touch 50 and 100, that's fine with me... (ps, Forza Ferrania!)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The discontinuation was first rumoured back in June and was circulating here in Australia from the distributor. 100F will not be missed. It is has a repulsive palette, is difficult to scan and looked garish on Ilfochrome Classic. Better results have been experienced through hybrid print processing but for traditional RA4 printing it is the pits. And now... about 100...
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 12-15-2014 at 04:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found Fuji Velvia 100F much more contrasty than Fuji Velvia 100.
    Ben

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I find it curious that it outlasted Provia 400X, but that one seemed sadly too niche and more expensive (though technically great). It seemed to be positioned rather indifferently and people seemed to feel like that for it.
    So now, it is: Provia 100F (RDPIII), Velvia 50 (RVP50) and Velvia 100 (RVP100).

It feels strange to me, I still think about Ektachrome being around and it's been 2 years already since its demise. Thankfully, and hopefully Fuji's range will be stabilized in the above options, at least it seems to be their strategy for the mid term (new packaging).
    And go Ferrania! But we should never lose Fuji's offerings if possible.

Well, I loaded a roll of Provia 100F into the GW690, and will try to shoot it when I've got some time. Amusingly Fuji for a while.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    I googled and it's literally an emulsion product - like liquid light
    How can they cancel it if they even have not listed it before? I mean I cannot even find this product at their site, did not even know its existence.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    How can they cancel it if they even have not listed it before? I mean I cannot even find this product at their site, did not even know its existence.
    It is an indent/special order (industry) product.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin