Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,140   Posts: 1,658,089   Online: 865

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Volume 2 of my book

As many of you know, I have been a bit under the weather lately, so I have been spending my time working on a possible volume 2 to my book on Photographic Emulsion Making and Coating. I'm not sure of the details yet, but so far, I have written up from notes:

1. A Chloride T-Grain Formula
    2. An Ammonia digest K-Grain
    3. A cubic bromide
    4. A graded Iodide high speed emulsion.

I'm working with Mark Osterman and Nick Brandreth on this, and they will share in authorship. They have contributed a lot and have more to contribute (but they don't know that yet.... heh, heh, heh).

So, I sit here with graphs and charts for about 6 hours per day and wonder what else you guys might want to hear about.

Please let me know here in this thread. If I have something you want, or can get it, I'll include it. But then, there may not be enough audience for a volume 2. IDK. Let me know that as well, those of you who have read VI.

Thanks.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That should be V I.

And if that is the type of post I'm going to get, my desire to write goes down.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    The APUG group is a tough to please audience. There are many of us who would be glad to have a way to adsorb your insight at this technology that we use.

Please continue, what were the headings of your first book for comparison and where is it distributed.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Charles, there are ads at the top and bottom of the APUG screens that take you to the distributors. The headings were posted here on APUG a long time ago. I would have to hunt them up and repost them. The headings for the new book are incomplete but roughly follow those of the first book but with much more detail and many more (and modern) formulas.

I am presently working on my notes for the graded core shell 9+% iodide emulsion but I have a bit done on the coating and making sections that have nothing to do with this. I am also presenting the data in a new way using Windows panels for the data.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    A T-grain emulsion? Very cool. Now what about color? No, seriously, I know color can be incredibly complex, but is there a way to do color that, while maybe not of the quality level that Kodak/Fuji/Agfa do, might be attainable for the home emulsion maker/coater?

I may just be dreaming, but if so, I may as well dream big, right?
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have said before that color is very difficult and it is hard to get chromogenic couplers and then incorporate them.

There are 2 ways to approach this, one is dye bleach like Cibachrome, and the other is like the old Agfa method. I have demonstrated and posted the first type, but I have been unable to locate the chemistry for the second method. Regarding the first type, I made a magenta single layer here at home. I followed a model that I used to coat a full multilayer at Kodak so it should work.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    As many of you know, I have been a bit under the weather lately, so I have been spending my time working on a possible volume 2 to my book on Photographic Emulsion Making and Coating. I'm not sure of the details yet, but so far, I have written up from notes:

3. A cubic bromide

I'm working with Mark Osterman and Nick Brandreth on this, and they will share in authorship. They have contributed a lot and have more to contribute (but they don't know that yet.... heh, heh, heh).

So, I sit here with graphs and charts for about 6 hours per day and wonder what else you guys might want to hear about.

Please let me know here in this thread. If I have something you want, or can get it, I'll include it. But then, there may not be enough audience for a volume 2. IDK. Let me know that as well, those of you who have read VI.

Thanks.

PE
    The T grain and the high speed emulsion promise to be really interesting!

Francesco

Shooter
    35mm
    core shell 9+% iodide emulsion
    Possible for use in a direct reversal process?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

3. A cubic bromide

Thanks.

PE
    quick and dirty contact print emulsion for a highschool project.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any wisdom for the analogue process would be welcome! Please go for it!
    // My name is Richard Man, I can't get APUG to change my username :-)
    // I am a Hybrid Photographer, using 4x5, Hasselblad, Leica etc. with digital post-processing workflow.
    http://richardmanphoto.com http://facebook.com/richardmanphoto

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin