Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,446   Online: 823

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Images
    Jose,

If JandC can do it here and be as successful as hey are why can't it happen in mexico?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    Jose, this is an opportunity for you to become the sole distributor for a variety of analogue products for Mexico.
    you are right Nicole, it's a business opportunity

Mark, what is JandC?
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know what proportion of papers are sold via traditional channels and what are sold via mail order/internet, but I am having a bit of a hard time imagining my local shops picking up Kentmere, Foma, Forte, etc. I suspect that most of our local shops will be left selling only Ilford, meaning that for that segment they will be the only winners.

I know that Freestyle is wholesaling Kentmere and I think they may also be handling wholesale Foma, so I will mention this to my favorite local stores in the hopes that they will try to get something in to replace Kodak on their shelves.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose A Martinez
    Mark, what is JandC?
    http://www.jandcphoto.com/

They are a great group of folks and Spnsors of this site.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Mark. as we say in Mexico, if it has been a dog, it bites to me!
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    Lets hope Kodak keep their B&W films in production in the longer term, Tmax films, since their introduction, have always been world beaters.
    Ian
    I hope you're right Ian. Tmax is the only film I've used and I'm afraid I'm too old to start learning to use another. I have too much else left to learn about photography without starting over with a new film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    I hope you're right Ian. Tmax is the only film I've used and I'm afraid I'm too old to start learning to use another. I have too much else left to learn about photography without starting over with a new film.
    TMax is a studio film. You have been using the least flexible film in the world. You might try some new emulsions and begin to enjoy new potential through greater control. Break out. Enjoy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    TMax is a studio film. You have been using the least flexible film in the world. You might try some new emulsions and begin to enjoy new potential through greater control. Break out. Enjoy.
    I know you're right and if I have to change films I will. I'm just not a patient learner, sheer stubborness has got me this far.
    BTW What is a "studio film", please excuse ignorance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By studio film, I mean it is unfriendly to most daylight conditions in terms of contrast control and color response. TMax is wonderful when you can make the light match the film, for example in a studio with controlled light. Note that the published characteristics are derived from tungsten lighting (as most B&W film is). Look at TMax figures compared to some of the non tabular-grain films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tmax is an excellent alround film. If you care to only use in the studio thats your choice.

However there are a vast number of photographers using Tmax films for a wide variety of uses in wildly differing lighting conditions and contrasts.

I would suggest you read John Sexton's excellent article about using Tmax films that was published in Darkroom & Creative Camera Techniques. circa 1987.

As someone who uses Tmax100 5"x4" & Tmax400 120 I know from long experience (since their release) that it is as easy to use as any other modern film.

Ian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin