Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,116   Online: 1045

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    Impressive, and I am qualified to criticize: I've seen a several hundred just like it.
    Today alone I've seen at least 3 posts from you belittling the work of others. On this thread and others. Note that I said "belittling," not "criticizing." Always in a sneering, holier-than-thou tone and never a suggestion for improvement. I noticed also that you don't seem to have any of your own work posted at all.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    Impressive, and I am qualified to criticize: I've seen a several hundred just like it.
    LOL.....Lets see, you made a dumb comment that TMX is only for studio work, people post pictures to show you just how wrong you are and you, in your infinite wisdom, choose to be rude to those who have clearly proved you wrong. Now, do you have any pictures to show, or are you one of those "arm chair" photographers that is all talk?

The fact that YOU dont know how to use TMX is not the film's fault... :rolleyes:

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    M.S.'s twin?

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jose,
    It doesn't take but a few moments and a few pesos to test your market out for the niche products... the key I've found is to find go to the "big stores" and see what they turn people down for; then let them know YOU have it. I get about 10 calls/week from CompanyX employees checking availability of product so they can better serve their customers. Win-win and low investment for you. (I send do send Pizzas to every branch of CoX every Christmas as a thank you and bribe )
    The Darkroom Studios ~ Brad Walker
    27 North Centre Street ~ Merchantville, NJ 08109
    856.488.1546 info@thedarkroomstudios.com
    "Film Ain't Dead Yet!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the encourage to start an import and distribution business for analog photography products in Mexico. Of course it's an opportunity.

A case: my nephew has the assignment to make some photos for his employer's new offices. He asked me for some advice and permission to use my darkroom for this job. He called me this morning and tell me that he went, last friday, to two main suppliers of photography goods in Mexico City and couldn't find 16x20 fiber base paper in any brand!!
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    Today alone I've seen at least 3 posts from you belittling the work of others. On this thread and others. Note that I said "belittling," not "criticizing." Always in a sneering, holier-than-thou tone and never a suggestion for improvement. I noticed also that you don't seem to have any of your own work posted at all.
    Three today? I think not. Perhaps you are inclined to see only negatives even where they do not exist, or are making some knid of preemptive strike of innuendo. Fear not. We are okay. All of us.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Ignore button anyone?

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Kodak leaving the B+W paper market, my guess is film will not be too far behind. But it will be to their demise.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050616/kodak_paper.html?.v=2

Read the article and look at the stock charts. If the stock is any indication then Kodak as a company will suffer as well. Can you imagine no Kodak??!! They have not been able to get it right for decades, the company is just too big and too slow and too bureaucratic to change and keep up with changes in technology, which is what digital is, technology. Most of Kodak's so called advances in digital have been through aquisitions and not internal.

Instead of working to improve the quality of analog materials and proper marketing, Kodak has fallen way behind. My guess is digital is here to stay, but not in its present form. Their has to be a standard for which to record, store, and retrieve images. Technologies will change and improve but Kodak will not be able to keep up. Instead of being a leader, they have been like the fat cat who ate too many pizzas before the race. They puked and died.

With Kodak gone, analog will flourish, but so will digital, my guess is there will be a balancing between the two, each with their own applications and markets.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    "With Kodak gone, analog will flourish, but so will digital, my guess is there will be a balancing between the two, each with their own applications and markets."

I don't really agree that analogue will flourish. Analogue is dying, it is just to what extent. Also, there will always be some basic level of demand for analogue products. It is a question of the number of suppliers and the inherent profits that they can derive in that market.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why Ignore,

Every utterance compounds his ignorance. Let the ignorant dog lie ! It's a case of rewriting the old proverb "Let sleeping dogs lie"

I thought about his attack on my prints which he's never seen and realised he has zero understanding of image making & tonality.

Some of you may know I collect images, I have only originals, Fay Godwin, 3 John Blakemore, a Robert Doisneau, etc, plus numerous from lesser known artists, including our own Jorge and awaiting a Helen Bach .

I'm very aware of how my own work fits in to the diaspora, and find his posts extremely offensive.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH
    Ignore button anyone?
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-21-2005 at 03:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin