Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,669   Online: 889

Shooter
    Multi Format

Status of AgfaPhoto?

I tried to phone John Auer - the USA's AgfaPhoto rep. today.

I got his voicemail and was concerned to learn that his outgoing message is now "you have reached John Auer" instead of "you have reached John Auer of AgfaPhoto". That wasn't the case a week ago.

Does anybody have an update of AgfaPhoto's status - obviously, they are in bankruptcy but are they continuing to operate?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, one other note. A couple weeks ago AgfaPhoto USA posted this:

http://agfaphoto.com/en-US/pdf/AP_Pr...nt060205us.pdf

They announced that they are continuing normal operations as they are a separate business entity from AgfaPhoto.

They did not, incidentally, note whether AgfaPhoto continues production.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since Agfa stopped selling direct to most dealers a couple years ago, I have been using a distributor. As of about a week ago, the distributor has indicated that there would not be any disruption of supply. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

I know the new packaging features winning photos from their contests... but you have to admit, the guys with the ugly dog ARE enough to make you switch to Ilford j/k

-Brad
    The Darkroom Studios ~ Brad Walker
    27 North Centre Street ~ Merchantville, NJ 08109
    856.488.1546 info@thedarkroomstudios.com
    "Film Ain't Dead Yet!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just ordered some Agfa Fiber from B&H and they showed everything in stock.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkroomstudios
    Since Agfa stopped selling direct to most dealers a couple years ago, I have been using a distributor. As of about a week ago, the distributor has indicated that there would not be any disruption of supply. Take it with a grain of salt of course.
    -Brad
    my distributor said the same thing but i placed a very large order just in case last week. all of it shipped except the 20x24 paper. the only problem i've been having is receiving short dated 5x7 fiber paper. all in all...
    so far so good.
    cha
    VIVA LA FILM!!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Interesting that Agfaphoto USA has attributed its revenue growth to the 'successfull conversion from analog to digital products' Are they going to be the next to dump the analog items from their product catalog?

Shooter
    35mm
    The last I heard (a week or two ago) was that AgfaPhoto had obtained funding to continue production for, IIRC, another three months. Thus, there should be no immediate disruption in supply. I didn't save a reference URL, though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin