Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,733   Online: 939

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What will John Sexton print on now?

With the Yellow Peril pulling out of B&W photo printing papers will Sexton go to Forte Polygrade V? Agfa 111? Bergger?

Will he stay with Yellowbox films or change to something else in frustration with Rochester?

Images
    Whatever is free.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Large Format
    I spoke to John Sexton several years ago. He related to me that at that time he was printing on other papers in addition to Kodak. He told me at that time that while Kodak did sponsor some of his activities that he did not use their products exlusively.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Does it matter? The guy has enough talent and know how to use whatever he wants and come out with great shots. No need to feel sorry for him, although I guess he was a bit miffed by Kodak's desicion.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have a print of his that he'd done on Kodak ELite back in 84 or so. That paper came and went - like whatever Kodak papers he might have been using lately. He'll manage just fine minus Big Yellow and so will the rest of us.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    John sent out an email to a number of his past seminar participants. In it, he stated that he learned of Kodak's decision only one day before it was announced. He was as shocked and dismayed as all of us.

He stated the following in his email:

"As you might imagine, I have received a large number of emails concerning this topic. Many have asked what paper I am going to use to "replace" my standby, Kodak Polymax Fine Art. At this point, I do not know. I have enough paper to fulfill my printing commitments that require Polymax Fine Art, as well as give me some time to transition. There are a number of excellent papers, including Ilford, Oriental Seagull, Kentmere, and Forte. Each has its unique characteristics, and hopefully all of us will be able to find something within that selection that will meet our needs for some time to come."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaughn
    John sent out an email to a number of his past seminar participants. In it, he stated that he learned of Kodak's decision only one day before it was announced. He was as shocked and dismayed as all of us.

He stated the following in his email:

"As you might imagine, I have received a large number of emails concerning this topic. Many have asked what paper I am going to use to "replace" my standby, Kodak Polymax Fine Art. At this point, I do not know. I have enough paper to fulfill my printing commitments that require Polymax Fine Art, as well as give me some time to transition. There are a number of excellent papers, including Ilford, Oriental Seagull, Kentmere, and Forte. Each has its unique characteristics, and hopefully all of us will be able to find something within that selection that will meet our needs for some time to come."
    Ilford have on their website, a list of suitable equivalents to some of the Kodak papers.
    http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/kpie.pdf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin