Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,821   Online: 875

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Goodbye JOBO USA?????

There is a rumor posted on the tell all rumor mill website www.****edcompany.com (pardon their french) that Jobo will shut down US operations and lay off all employees. Can anyone here confirm?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck94022
    There is a rumor posted on the tell all rumor mill website www.****edcompany.com (pardon their french) that Jobo will shut down US operations and lay off all employees. Can anyone here confirm?
    Well, thanks to auto filtering, I can't post the url, but suffice to say that the four letters start with f, end with k, and I think U C the rest...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's been discussed on the Alt mailing list. Supposedly somebody else will be handling distribution. It's Jobo USA which is shutting down. IIRC Jobo USA was a separate company that handled US distribution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They also handle Durst and are located in Ann Arbor Michigan. I have had the oppertunity to talk with them a few times and they are very nice to deal with. It is too bad.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I feel like a rat on a sinking ship.

I use a jobo processor and a Durst enlarger. Both are/were serviced from Ann Arbor. They are very nice people, and i think the products are solid.

I get this sinking feeling in my gut. like the support for my craft if falling away. I'll get over it, but i'm uneasy at the moment.

S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck94022
    Well, thanks to auto filtering, I can't post the url, but suffice to say that the four letters start with f, end with k, and I think U C the rest...
    Is that really their web address?? LMAO - now that is just f'ing funny!

Too bad about Jobo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Is that really their web address?? LMAO - now that is just f'ing funny!

Too bad about Jobo
    Take a look at their store, I just love the "You can have my aeron when you pry if from my cold dead ass" mousepad.

(For those who were not part of the whole tech startup company culture, an aeron is an absurdly expensive chair that became a symbol of the dotcom bubble.)

They started just as the dotcom bubble started collapsing. It was kind of fun in a sick kind of way to read about the tech company that laid me off on f'dcompany, sort of cathartic.

Shooter
    Large Format
    heard that Omega (?) is going to be "handling" Jobo??

Shooter
    Large Format
    There is an official announcement at http://www.jobo-usa.com/.
    Jobo USA will close down its current location and then reopen as Jobo Digital to continue the sale and support of Jobo digital products. OmegaSatter (manufacturer of Omega enlargers) is the new distributor of Jobo analog (film), Tetenal and Fujimoto products. I hope they will do as good a job as Jobo USA in the past in the support of Jobo processors. My best wishis to all Jobo USA employees.

- Phong

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Folks

I just finished an email contact with Omega and yes they will have Jobo inventory and they will need 2-3 weeks for the cataloging and set up . this is the best news I have had this week, except for the very large job my company got this week. I am a happy camper and will down a few beers this weekend.
    By the way Jorge , if you see this , I also asked them to give me a price on building a unit to process up to 30x40 and if they are realistic in pricing I will go for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin