Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,449   Online: 977

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A local Jessops "should" have those films (2 years ago for certain; nowadays, less so... ) The ProCentre in central London (http://www.procentre.co.uk/) supply the pros and will bike an order to your hotel in London if you get stuck for film and pay by plastic. Full retail prices though - so only really for an emergency.

Bob.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Henderson
    By far your best chance of getting what you want lies in mail-order
    I would go along with that.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like to use 7day shop but I dont mind hanging around for it to arrive - it's so cheap it's worth the wait. Mind you, retrophotographic now stocks the ADOX films supposedly repackaged fp4 and hp5 and using their 10 roll deal + postage, it works out cheaper than buying the real thing from 7dayshop (and much quicker).

Shooter
    127 Format
    i wouldn't bank on jessops having anything.

My brother (new to medium format) went in a few weeks ago, and asked for some 120 - they confirmed they had "both kinds of film". He bought the entire stock - one roll of hp5 and one roll of fuji colour! He's based in Newcastle (sometimes), though it may not have been the newcastle store he was at on this occasion.

He did recommend MPS though - he's pretty new to this, but he took some E6 there for dev'ing, and said they treated him nice.

In a similar experience last year my gilrfriend needed 10 rolls of 400asa 35mm - preferably Kodak. Neither of the TWO local jessops stores could provide 10 matching rolls of any film (other than their own brand 200asa).

Retro are great and do next day delivery.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In London, I have bought and developed 120 and 35 mm film at:
    http://www.primary-colour.com/ <---They also have Scala and process it too
    http://www.metroimaging.co.uk/

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I know Jessops are crap these days, unless you want a compact digital camera or inkjet stuff. My nearest branch is Huddersfield, where there are 2 branches of Jessops about literally 2 mins away from each other. (2 Sainsburys with a similar distance). One of these brancher (Jessops!) has a good range of film in, in 120 and 35mm. They would have what you want or as near as dammit. Anybody remember the huge white sheet of a price list, with tiny writing they (Jessops) did? - and the range of stuff they sold.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey, Jessops is the only name I know...and you guys are lucky to have them! Trust me....Many places here have Ritz Camera *shudder*.

I think I'll make my pick up in Newcastle. Seems easier and I will be in the "'toon" for a couple of days before heading out to the continent.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, I forgot, Calumet will defintely have film, but not an on-site lab. Plus they have stores everywhere in the UK.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/

I've never been to a Jessops, but if it's like a Ritz Camera or Black's in Canada, I'd forget about them. Those stores are geared to the general consumer and not hobbiest or professionals.

The labs and stores I listed will definitely have your films and develop it (professionally in the case of the labs) as well.

Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 07-13-2005 at 03:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kennedy
    I will be in the "'toon" for a couple of days before heading out to the continent.
    You'll have a blast - I now live 7 hours drive from "home" (Newcastle that is), so I rarely make it there, but I can shoot roll after roll whenever I vists.

In the town centre the bridges are the obvious choice. The new millenium bridge is a bit of a harlot, and will give up great shots dead easy (even I got a good one!).

"The" bridge (technically the King George V Bridge but simply refered to as "The Tyne Bridge", despite there been 7 or 8 bridges within a mile or so) is a beast. You won't find a Geordie south of the tyne who doesn't get a lump in his throat thinking of the view down the river to see that bridge. It's huge, it's beautifull, it's fantastic, and it's a bitch to photograph

You can get some good views from the Baltic Centre (by the Millenium Bridge) - great building too, but sucky art. Worth a visit for the building, and make sure you check out the viewer platforms on the top floors.

Does anyone like the Sage centre (the Giant Slug on the South bank)? What an ugly building - but it's in Gateshead so what do you expect - they're practically Maccam's down there... ;-)

Get out to the river mouth/coast too - North Shields, Tynemouth, Cullercoats and Whitley Bay. Great Coastline - lovely beaches, cliffs, bays and such.

I really miss the place (in case you hadn't noticed!). I'll be home a couple of times this summer though - even though it hasn't really been home in 20 years.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eureka! I just remembered the place in Paris I had my E-6 developed. They develop all sorts of stuff there. Very professional. I think they sell film there too. It was about 4 years ago when I was there last. http://www.picto.fr/

I don't know any places in Amsterdam.

Art.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin