Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,711   Online: 776

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=gr82bart]Oh, I forgot, Calumet will defintely have film, but not an on-site lab. Plus they have stores everywhere in the UK.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/

Just on a factual note, Calumet don't have stores everywhere in the UK. They have several in London & a few others in SOME of the biggest cities but Newcastle on Tyne is one of the many where they are nowhere to be seen.

You are best to follow advice previously given to use mail order people like Mathers, SpeedGraphic etc and have them deliver to your UK relatives. Avoid 7dayshop because they are based in the Channel Isles which is why stuff can take a long time to get through. Also it is sent in umpteen tiny packets to avoid customs charges but most important of all the selection of films they carry has been drastically cut.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    We aren't 3rd world you know, we DO have 2 manufacturers of B&W paper after all, unlike the american continent :-)

More seriously bigger Jessops are ok, stock levels are usually quite low however, I have to order 120 from my local Jessops, normally takes a couple of day, but there are far better dealers.

Should be a Calumet up north east, London you'll have no problems loads of Pro dealers.

Ian
    2?

While your In Jessops you could get a mortgage and Buy a roll of Superia. Saying that they have a reasonable deal when you buy 5 rolls, It only costs £10 in some speeds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    2 paper manufacturers
    At least: Ilford and Kentmere
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    I don't know any places in Amsterdam.
    Art.
    FotoNivo on Haarlemerdijkstraat (not far from Central Station), or Kleurgamma (two shops). Kleurgamma do same day if you drop it in in the morning. Both have a good selection of 35mm and 120.

There are quite a few others too, but these are the two I use most.

Also, Retrophotographic in the UK are really good to deal with, excellent service and pretty quick delivery over to NL.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nobody mentioned Silverprint, anytime I'm in London I have to go to Silverprint just even to stand in a shop like it. Perfect place to melt your credit card

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin