Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,321   Posts: 1,536,859   Online: 1117

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite40
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]As for the gentleman who said that Kodak wants out of the analog photo business, you don't know what the **** you're talking about[/COLOR]

.......neither do you!
    It's true. Kodak are pulling out of analogue, and are going to concentrate purely on digital imaging.................. alas, I feel whilst "the future is bright", it may not be "orange", but "black and white".......
    BlackndWhite40: What is your source for this statement. While I don't disagree nor disagree, you seem very adamant and I'm wondering how you KNOW this.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
    BlackndWhite40: What is your source for this statement. While I don't disagree nor disagree, you seem very adamant and I'm wondering how you KNOW this.

Earl
    Well, information regarding this matter IS posted all over the internet on nearly every photography forum, including here. Maybe go read one of those large threads.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess Ilford will be getting whatever money I used to spend on Kodak stuff. Shrug, It's Kodak's loss and Ilford's gain. Even if Kodak were to reverse their decision, my money will go to the ones who were loyal to their customer (Ilford).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by McPhotoX
    Well, information regarding this matter IS posted all over the internet on nearly every photography forum, including here. Maybe go read one of those large threads.
    Oh no! "I read it on the internet so it must be true."

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    Oh no! "I read it on the internet so it must be true."
    Haha! No. You cannot trust anything on the internet. I know that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by McPhotoX
    OK, I will go do that. What I was really getting at though was your statement that Kodak is "getting out of black and white". While they have announced that they will discontinue the manufacture of b&w papers, I have not seen an announcement that they are pulling out of the manufacturing of all other b&w materials and chemistry. If they have made such an announcement, I'd like to see it. While the implications of recent Kodak actions are disconcerting vis-a-vis b&w, and I could certainly conclude that fully pulling out of b&w is what will happen, it is not official. Years ago when they introduced T-Max they also announced they would discontinue Tri-X. But they changed their minds.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW, a notice on Kodak's discontinuation of manufacture and sales of b&w paper is here:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...s/bwDisc.jhtml
    Last edited by Ole; 08-02-2005 at 12:09 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Duplicated url messed up my screen

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If film is likely to become a niche market, a sort of art form in its self then I predict it will be all Ilford and Fuji in the future.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
    OK, I will go do that. What I was really getting at though was your statement that Kodak is "getting out of black and white". While they have announced that they will discontinue the manufacture of b&w papers, I have not seen an announcement that they are pulling out of the manufacturing of all other b&w materials and chemistry. If they have made such an announcement, I'd like to see it. While the implications of recent Kodak actions are disconcerting vis-a-vis b&w, and I could certainly conclude that fully pulling out of b&w is what will happen, it is not official. Years ago when they introduced T-Max they also announced they would discontinue Tri-X. But they changed their minds.

Earl
    Last thing I herd was B&W film and Developer is still selling strong its the paper which isn't doing to well, did Ilfords shares go up when kodak made this anouncement?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just FYI, my sources say that analog paper is outselling digital paper by 10:1 in square footage. There has been a huge drop in sales of Baryta or FB papers while conventional RC sales are briskly outpacing digital paper.

Kodak has no plans to stop production of color film or paper, nor any plans to stop production of photochemicals.

As has been stated by the CEO, "we are not a film company, we are an imaging company". I think that the corrolary to that is that they are not a digital company either but 'an imaging company'. They will remain active in both areas and seem committed to that goal.

New conventional products are still appearing.

And, while you are bashing Kodak, what about Fuji? They have dropped quite a few of their products as well.

PE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin