Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,590   Online: 1225

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: More on Kodak

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

More on Kodak

Posted on CNN this morning:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Eastman Kodak Co. Wednesday said it would cut up to 10,000 more jobs than previously announced to speed its move into digital products, and also posted a quarterly net loss due to restructuring costs and a faster-than-expected decline in film sales.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, and here they say there's been a staggering 30% increase in the return to (slide) film.

I for one am part of this group - I shoot all my family photos on slide film, except for when I have another roll of B&W in my camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Nicole Boenig-McGrade]Wow, and here they say there's been a staggering 30% increase in the return to (slide) film.[QUOTE]

Got a link to the article?
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Eastman Kodak Co. Wednesday said it would cut up to 10,000 more jobs than previously announced to speed its move into digital products,...
    Yeah, right. Typical management doublespeak - cutting jobs to "speed things up". Reducing the labor force will NEVER speed things up - it can only slow things DOWN. If they are trying to goose their bottom line by screwing their employees they should say .... wait!! That would require integrity! Obviously that characteristic is totally absent ...
    Sounds to me like a "Polaroid type" of maneuver .. to make the Officers of the company incredibly wealthy through bankruptcy.

I'll have to check my portfolio. If there is any Kodak stock in there now, there won't be by tomorrow morning.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=bobfowler][QUOTE=Nicole Boenig-McGrade]Wow, and here they say there's been a staggering 30% increase in the return to (slide) film.

Got a link to the article?
    Bob, I don't know of any article on that but lecturers in one of the major college's (that are as of next year reducing analogue studies to incorporate more digital) are announcing this to their students as well as one of the leading photography suppliers (of both digital and analogue) are also suporting this. So I'm also happy to spread the work and encourage more people to consider shooting film/slide.

Also, my commercial clients so far still prefer slide images instead of digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thats right Ed, another example of incompetent managements inability to anticipate market trends, and the "poor bloody infantry"having to suffer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Eastman Kodak Co..... and a faster-than-expected decline in film sales.
    Sounds like a pre-excuse to bailing out of the film business doesn't it?
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...00688a80373b60

This is from their site. If you google Kodak you'll find others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Nicole Boenig-McGrade][QUOTE=bobfowler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    Wow, and here they say there's been a staggering 30% increase in the return to (slide) film.

Bob, I don't know of any article on that but lecturers in one of the major college's (that are as of next year reducing analogue studies to incorporate more digital) are announcing this to their students as well as one of the leading photography suppliers (of both digital and analogue) are also suporting this. So I'm also happy to spread the work and encourage more people to consider shooting film/slide.

Also, my commercial clients so far still prefer slide images instead of digital.
    Yeah, I'm finding that transparancies are making a comeback as well. The good art directors know that there really isn't a substitue for a large format 'chrome...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin