Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,771   Online: 1281

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'm going to order some & keep my fingers crossed... it's great film in 120.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That`s exact the information I have, that Christian mentioned further above!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Anyone remember APX 120 25 ASA?

Quote Originally Posted by mono
    Agfa will not continue APX 120 films!!
    What is on the market and stored with the distributors will be sold, but no new production!
    APX 25 120 developed in HC-110 1-50 was absolutely gorgeous! How long has the 25 ASA been gone? Now the rest of the family. Another sad day in Analogland!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can only confirm that APX 100 and APX 400 rollfilm production is already stopped for months at the Agfa plant, in fact independent of the situation by Agfa at the moment. Latest production of 120 rollfilm have an expiration date of 2009.

Alternative rollfilm for the APX 100: FP4+, Fomapan 100.
    The statement that Ilford wants this market and stays in, the same with Foma and that Kodak is going out of the analog bussiness is quite clear.

After the rescue plan which should be ready for next week we will see what is left from the Agfa products so far.

Further Maco will introduce some new B&W films. After the R3, the new I.R. 820-400 some other Rollei films.

Best regards from the Netherlands,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis
    I can only confirm that APX 100 and APX 400 rollfilm production is already stopped for months at the Agfa plant, in fact independent of the situation by Agfa at the moment. Latest production of 120 rollfilm have an expiration date of 2009.
    I have here in front of me a roll of apx 100 in 120 with an expiration date of 07/2010. Does this mean that they have produced more than what has been available to you, perhaps just exported to the US? Either way, this whole thread sounds a bit alarmist, but I guess anything is possible in the current environment. I just wish that there were an announcement rather than rumors.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    wondered when they are going to start making 4X5 sheet film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa and sheet film? That's history. And won't come back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If the (world) market is shrinking with about 28% each year, it is clear that there is no place for 4 international operating photo companies (Kodak, Agfa, Fuji, Ilford) so we will see how Agfa Photo is going to adapt to this new situation.

But still enough B&W 120 rollfilms left. It's always a pity if your favorit film is going out of production for a certain reason but I do not think APX 100 and certainly not APX 400 is irreplaceable.

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa APX-100 Rollfilm is not "discontinued". its sold out --- as well as many products such as Rodinal(!). There was a literal run on Agfa products and stock following their insolvency announcment in June. Since its all right now up in the air its not yet clear what, if anything, will be made. Right now, at least, products such as APX-100 in 120 are NOT backorderable from Agfa and all all loose reserves are in the sales channels or customer hoards. Products like APX-100 in KB-135 (35mm) and APX-400 in KB and 120 continue to be available not because they are in production but because there was less of a rush to purchase (as many have) 1 years supplies in 2 weeks. This has even effected the supplies of colour (RA-4) paper, a product that is central to digital photofinishing (and Agfa machines continue to be hot and very much in demand). If there is ANY B&W film from Agfa there will be rollfilm. If there is not 120 film then there will most probably be no 35mm materials either--- and this probably includes all the industrial films that have as yet a digital replacement (such as microfilm documentation). MCP bulk rolls are not available so does this mean that Agfa won't ever be making MCP? If they will make B&W photographic papers they will make MCP. If they continue to make film (such as Vista which overwhelmingly dominate the European marketplace) I think they will continue to make B&W materials. Will they? The statement is not "Bye Bye APX-100 120" but the question is "What is the future of Agfaphoto"? All that is clear is that it won't be the same as it was before..

In a few weeks we'll all know more.. Know if in October the shelves once again fill with APX-100 120 film or if....
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here's a scenario that I just made up:

Agfa Photo is closed down, the financing plans having failed.
    A couple of years later, a Korean firm that makes engine valves for Mitsubishi and tennis balls for Dunlop decides to enter the B&W film and Paper business (its CEO is a film enthusiast and old German camera collector) and buys the Brand Name "Agfa" to use on its products. It then begins to produce film, paper, chemicals and all the rest... We're going to have Agfapan in all desirable formats (up to 11"x17"), Rodinal, Atomal, Neutol and even some of the real Agfa Papers, like Record-Rapid and Portriga.

Actually, the Koreans will surely manage to make the same quality products, but much cheaper than the Germans used to make them...

Too optimistic ??? Maybe. But it could happen !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin