Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,019   Online: 827

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It`s a nice scenario!
    I think so,too, it could happen ;-)
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agfaphoto lives!

http://www.faz.net/IN/INtemplates/fa...&id=1122033802

The number of employees will be cut in half(!) but Leverkusen (Film and Paper) and Vaihingen (Chemicals) will continue. I think we'll see APX-100 120 back on the shelves in October!
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edz
    I think we'll see APX-100 120 back on the shelves in October!
    Well in that case- TRICK OR TREAT!
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

APX100

Moderators-wake up guys-this thread should be changed to APX100 NOT DEAD!!
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    More information:
    http://ftd.de/ub/in/15498.html

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Robert,

"I can only confirm that APX 100 and APX 400 rollfilm production is already stopped for months at the Agfa plant, in fact independent of the situation by Agfa at the moment."

We shouldn´t forget that in recent years Agfa made only 2 production cycles on the roll film bases and stored the master rolls to be cut during the year.

"Latest production of 120 rollfilm have an expiration date of 2009"

Wrong. I have recently bought a huge stash of APX100/120, 300 rolls of emulsion batch 437, "expiring" by 07-2010.

"After the rescue plan which should be ready for next week we will see what is left from the Agfa products so far."

We´ll have to wait and see - I won´t regard Agfa roll film and papers to be dead yet. No need to cry "Havoc!" and "Wolf" yet.

"Further Maco will introduce some new B&W films. After the R3, the new I.R. 820-400 some other Rollei films."

Alter Wein in neuen Schlaeuchen. So what? Certainly no replacement for APX100, despite Schroeder´s marketing stunts.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.neue-oz.de/information/no.../11453358.html

The rumours are mounting that Agfaphoto will be divided up in another management buyout for the film division and that the paper unit will be sub-contracted (if not sold as rumours talking about 40 Million EURO seem to indicate) to Felix Schoeller who seem to need the capacity to make photographic ink jet papers.
    Following these signals and the peeps of little birds it is looking increasingly good that film and chemicals will continue but the future of RA-4 photographic papers--- the stuff to feed all the D-Labs, Lightjets, Lamdas, Frontiers etc.--- are increasingly less than certain. Since Agfa is divesting itself directly of its machine production and as many traditional Agfa big processors have been increasingly grabbing for Fuji and Kodak papers........... (if one also considers that Schoeller has shut down their NY plant and given the moves out of the milling and gelatine business from Kodak I suspect we may guess where things are moving).... We don't have any bookmakers playing along but I'd think the odds for the survival of MCP and MCC look fine, film too but colour papers and perhaps even colour chemicals (where competition is more than fierce anyway) might not....
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Clarification

Edward-thanks for the concise CLARIFICATION on this topic. Always nice to hear the REAL deal.
    Peter Schrager

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin