Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,541   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APX discontinued

Agfa will not continue APX 120 films!!
    What is on the market and stored with the distributors will be sold, but no new production!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow!!!!!!! I am shocked !!!! Anyway, Ilford will start a new cycle of celebrations, I guess. But they deserve it. Hope at least they will hold on for ever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mono
    35mm is still in production I believe.
    Production has ceased of the 120 APX already in May, when AgfaPhoto went in receivership.
    In August, a decision will be made about the future of AgfaPhoto and its products.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not surprising... but it really sucks - I liked APX, especially in MF! Actually, really only in MF. Oh well, sign of the times...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    Not surprising... but it really sucks - I liked APX, especially in MF! Actually, really only in MF. Oh well, sign of the times...
    Yes APX100 (120) is still my favorite - still 100 rolls in the fridge. Anyway, I ordered a batch of Maco UP100+ (120) to see if i like it. (cheaper too anyway)
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mono
    What is on the market and stored with the distributors will be sold, but no new production!

Show me some proof! Right now this is nothing more than a rumor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just received an email from J&C yesterday that they would be receiving a very large order of APX (35mm and 120) in October.

Please give us some corroboration, or is this just another internet rumor? Personally, I have had enough of the "sky is falling" rumors if this is what this is. I just check Agfa Photo's website and there is no mention or press release concerning the discontinuation of 120 film.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This rumor has been out for some days here. Some of it was caused by a german mail order company sending out an email-newsletter stating they are out of APX in 120 and can't get new from Agfa (which is no surprise as a: Agfa has troubles, as we all know and 2nd: the machines are in maintenance (scheduled downtime ). So, nothing final yet. We have to wait and see what will happen when the "rescue plan" takes aktion (if one ever will).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Kolinski
    This rumor has been out for some days here. Some of it was caused by a german mail order company sending out an email-newsletter stating they are out of APX in 120 and can't get new from Agfa (which is no surprise as a: Agfa has troubles, as we all know and 2nd: the machines are in maintenance (scheduled downtime ). So, nothing final yet. We have to wait and see what will happen when the "rescue plan" takes aktion (if one ever will).
    You don't mention where "here" is, and it's not in your profile, but I'll assume it's somewhere in Europe. When I was in Germany, nearly everyone was on a month of vacation this time of year, and a great many Germans were in Italy or Greece or somewhere in the south. It makes sense that this hiatus would be used to clean up the production line before gearing back up, perhaps in time for October deliveries to J&C and others.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think this is the fifth or so time I've herd APX 120 is going away... but it's still here!
    -Grant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin