Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,598   Online: 743

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Conference on Black and White

Ilford USA is putting together a conference on the future of black and white film to be held March 3-5 in Pasadena, CA.

View Camera is a sponsor and I will post more details as they become available.

steve simmons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good! Something like this is needed. Wish I go go.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    On the future of B&W film, or on the future of B&W Photography? Not sure how much overlap there really is (really -- almost no one has shot B&W movies on B&W film for years, for example)

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons
    View Camera is a sponsor and I will post more details as they become available.
    Since my work makes attending the conference impossible, I hope you'll publish an account of the outcomes in VC.

BTW...thanks for a very enjoyable conference in Springfield.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    steve simmons... you're not the sports journalist steve simmons? Sorry, I live near Toronto and read way too much about hockey...

Too bad I cant afford the trip - this sounds like a wonderful idea. Hopeit gets a great turn out. It will surely genereate a lot of discussion on these pages.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll have start saving my pennies for this trip. But what about color?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    On the future of B&W film, or on the future of B&W Photography? Not sure how much overlap there really is (really -- almost no one has shot B&W movies on B&W film for years, for example)
    Wasn't "Schindler's List" and/ or ... the one with the Polish-Jewish piano player ..
    I think it was called "The Pianist" both done on black and white film? I could be 'way wrong ... but wasn't "Saving Private Ryan" on B&W as well ..?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the July August VC, there are some pics of the 2005 VC Conference and trade show. Reps from Kodak, Ilford, Fuji and Polaroid were there to discuss LF film. They all voiced the same opinion, that they want to continue to make LF film, but that "we have to support these products to keep them alive." I read this as "we will make sheet film if you will pay $50 a sheet for it. Otherwise..."
    Am I being too cynical, or will it come to that? I don't shoot LF, (someday, I hope), but the demise of LF would just be a tragedy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They should come to the APUG conference next year. How about a little with this Steve.

<They should come to the APUG conference next year. How about a little with this Steve.>

??????????

What is the question?

steve simmons

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin