Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,707   Online: 770

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Kodak Ad

Shooter
    Large Format
    I agree. It also seems to be targeting children, trying to start them on camera phones and keep them from ever using film thereby killing analog in one generation.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Isnt Verizon offering a cell phone with Zoom for about the same price as Kodak? Isnt this the problem with Kodak? they have gone from an industry leader to a second rate company trying to catch up.

As I said, I will keep using their film, but I have no expectations about the company making film for much longer, and I am sure as hell not going to reward them by stocking up on the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    As I said, I will keep using their film, but I have no expectations about the company making film for much longer, and I am sure as hell not going to reward them by stocking up on the film.
    Jorge, I agree, I too, see no reason to buy up Kodak products. I just finished some 11"X14" prints and nothing about them was Kodak including the negatives and they are some of my best yet. We are all going to be just fine with out the "big K".
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please guys, let's not forget the inestimable amount of money Kodak invested in all things photographic over the past century. The exhibits and the people they sponsored were an important step along photography's journey from a hobby to an accepted form of art. We are all much better off (photographically-speaking) for the existence of Kodak.

They are doing what they feel they need to do to survive and prosper, as would any of you. It's not rational to expect them to keep losing money in areas where the profit margins, combined with the expected sales volume, are not high enough to warrant continued investment.

Yes, we'll be fine without Kodak, but I for one am not going to spit on them. Fine art photography would not be where it is today, were it not for Kodak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When your in a very large, and very cut throat market, you need to do what you feel is right, I have no anomocity tword Kodak, I started using other products a few years ago, and am always trying new things, Kodak will go the way they feel best for them, it is unfortunate, they feel the need to push away the analog industry, but the writing with kodak, has been on the wall for many years now, I don't see how they will be a dominate force in the D*****L industry, as the person they have at the helm, was not at HP a dominate force, but we have to go on and do what we do...and continue to find products that support our type of shooting, get over it, get on with and continue to make pictures, that is the important thing..

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Large Format
    Anybody here said anything bad about Kodak?

All I said was that I am not going to reward them for getting out of film manufacturing by stocking on film. While nobody expects them to keep on loosing money and keep making film, Kodak should not expect me to be loyal to them and keep on buying their products event though I know they will drop film the moment it is convenient for them.

Do not mistake speaking clearly with speaking bad. As to the exhibitions, sorry, but most of that stuff is tax deductible which gives them good PR at the same time.

Kodak should really get out of film manufacturing, license their emulsions and go full bore for digital....this half assed efforst are not doing any good to anybody, including Kodak.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Jorge,

I back on you this 100%.

I no longer use any Kodak films or papers and once my developers run out I will be switching those as well.

It isn't about saying anything bad as Jorge said it is about not rewarding someone financially while they turn there backs on people that support them. I would rather put my money in a place/company that will continue to support what I do, "traditional photography".

No one is saying anything bad here.

Kev

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For me, I want to support a company who wants to support ME !!!

I relied on them to make my artwork. It's just a matter of time before they are entirely out of it. I think it will be sooner rather than later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I simply want the film and paper that works best for me. Kodak covers that much better than Fuji. I will continue to buy kodak until they commit crimes against humanity, stop producing the product I use or until I can find better.

On a different note:
    I met someone in Rochester who seemed to think that the day that cine film becomes unprofitable is the day kodak stops making film of any kind all together.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    I simply want the film and paper that works best for me. Kodak covers that much better than Fuji. I will continue to buy kodak until they commit crimes against humanity, stop producing the product I use or until I can find better.

On a different note:
    I met someone in Rochester who seemed to think that the day that cine film becomes unprofitable is the day kodak stops making film of any kind all together.
    Call me a rebel, but I am with you Mac..

I will keep shooting processing and playing with the 100 year old film until I can't get it anymore!

I know what it does, I know how it turns out, and I don't have to test anymore until it is gone..

Dave

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin