Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,317   Online: 884

Thread: Money Talks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Money Talks

After using only 4x5 Tri-X for over 20 years I just ordered my first batch of HP5+...I want to support Ilford and Kodak doesn't need my money to help them go digital!

I've got a week off work coming up and I'm just ITCHING to start testing

Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    After using only 4x5 Tri-X for over 20 years I just ordered my first batch of HP5+...I want to support Ilford and Kodak doesn't need my money to help them go digital!

I've got a week off work coming up and I'm just ITCHING to start testing

Murray
    I use great gobs of HP5+, and like it very much. I had been using fuji neopan acros, but am using less and less of it. I am developing the hp5 in xtol, and regularly push it to 400, 800, 1600, even 3200 if shadow detail can go by the wayside. i shoot it at around 250 normally
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm thinking of switching to HP5+
    I'm too nervous of Kodak breaking my heart by withdrawing TriX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

HP5+

I've also just switch from Tri-X and for the same reason. I made sure to email Kodak about my reason for changing, but I only got a canned letter in response.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin

I've got a week off work coming up and I'm just ITCHING to start testing :)

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MSchuler
    I've also just switch from Tri-X and for the same reason. I made sure to email Kodak about my reason for changing, but I only got a canned letter in response.
    I hear your pain! What did the "canned response" say?

The best to you, Kiku

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shot nothing but Tri-X developed in HC-110 for about 20-years. I tried HP5+ but didn't care for the way it handled contrast - I tried JandC Classic 400 and found it much more to my taste. You might try some while experimenting.

I agree with your decision to support companies that have announced their intent to support our kind of photography.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately, I didn't keep the reply. I said I was concerned about their dropping of B&W paper production and was considering switching all of my film and chem purchases to another producer. I also asked about the possibility of selling their brands to another producer. They stated that htey intended to keep producing film but didn't address having someone else make the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by kiku
    I hear your pain! What did the "canned response" say?

The best to you, Kiku

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin